Author Topic: Interesting ST1300 seat option  (Read 11929 times)

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
Interesting ST1300 seat option
« on: August 07, 2014, 03:01:28 PM »
Interesting seat option I found for the ST1300

Honda ST 1300 Pan European Top Sellerie Comfort Seat Gel/Heat

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301157651676

Extra optional add-ins:

Gel Rider           64.90$
Gel Rear            64.90$
Heaters front   124.90$
Heaters rear    124.90$
Short/Long       29.90$
Lowered/Raised 29.90$
*Message us after purchase for the extra additions*

"Top Sellerie" Deluxe Comfort Seat #3630

Turn your ride into the ultimate indulging experience.

Comfort saddle unique ergonomic design provides the ultimate comfort for both rider and passenger. Top Sellerie's special "backrest" design supports the rider's pelvis and prevents the passenger from slipping forward.

Top Sellerie's special density memory foam offers maximum support and comfort for every ride, short or long.

Entirely made in Top Sellerie's French design salon.

Optional features:

Comfort Gel insert pads for rider and passenger surface areas. Provides excellent soft feeling with shock absorbing qualities. Great for bumpy roads and long rides.
Seat heaters for rider and passenger. Transforms the Deluxe Comfort Seat to a heated saddle with Low/High heat level control. Rider and passenger has separate heater controllers. A must for every cold weather cyclist.
Short seat- The backrest is moved about 3 cm forward. Long seat- The backrest is moved about 3 cm rear-wards.
Lowered- seat height lower by about 2.5 cm. Raised- seat height higher by about 2.5 cm.
We have been Top Sellerie distributors since 2006 and carry the full line. Please check our store for their matching Tank Covers.

*By purchasing this custom made seat you confirm it may take about 2-4 weeks to produce*

FAQ

What kind of material do you use to make the seat covers?
The seat covers are made using top quality products that meet all the current legislative requirements with respect to fire safety standards, fracture and tear resistance in the field of saddlery manufacture.
Materials that come in several textures and colors are PVC coated fabrics (80 to 90 % PVC and 10 to 20 % for the base made primarily of cotton or cotton/polyester).

Do the seats come in natural leather?
No. Although leather is a noble material, it is hardly compatible with the requirements for a motorcycle seat such as weather resistance (rain, sun, etc.). A seat made of natural leather would soon be of great disappointment to its owner.

Just how waterproof are the seats?
All the materials are intrinsically waterproof. Any possible water seepage can therefore only occur around the stitching and embroidery.
Nevertheless, all the seats undergo a waterproofing treatment beneath the cover through the application of a waterproof film so that the foam of your seat will never turn into a sponge.

What are the stitching and inscriptions made of?
The threads used in the stitching and embroidery are made of anti-UV and anti-mold nylon.

Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline Sean

• It's somewhat brighter after the dark!!!!!
Re: Interesting ST1300 seat option
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 04:47:54 PM »
Their direct site has heaps of different variantions and discount options. Couch ordered one a while back. Haven't seen his thoughts yet.
1995 ST1100P
2002 ST1100A
2004 ST1300A (Blue)

:wht11 :dred11 :blu13

Turtle

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 06:44:35 PM »
 :popcorn

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 11:15:13 PM »
OK..........yes, I received and fitted my Top Sellerie lowered seat (not heated) a few months ago!

The quality and fit of the seat is excellent, it replaces the OEM seat perfectly! :thumbsup

I have only ridden with it once and found it to be comfortable, but.............I've since reverted back to my original seat.........and why, might you ask?

I found the seat to be slightly lower than the original but my riding position was closer to the bars and I was forced to ride in a more upright position than usual.
I found my back ached after the ride and I've never had that problem previously. I have lower back problems and prefer to sit a little back on the seat however that isn't possible with the Top Sellerie because of the shape of the seat. I'm sure it would suit anyone who prefers to sit more upright or closer to the handlebars, but it just wasn't for me. It's still virtually brand new and resting within the box in which it came from France. I haven't ridden much at all this winter and I might give it another try some time down the track but for now, it's the OEM seat with the sheepskin cover (to keep the bum warm) :grin
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 09:16:39 AM »
I thought when I first soar seen saw sore viewed the seat Barry their looked to be limited room for the boy bits...... :whistle and that it had you up right which is a good thing (for me) but jammed into the tank.....

ST Seats are like the 21 different flavours of Ice cream...... :popcorn

:beer
Chris    

IBA #64116   FarRider #660   Ulysses #56339

st2up@ozstoc.com

Mbl: 0428792425

Sighted it....Wanted it...Chucked a fit...GOT IT !!!!

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 11:31:08 AM »
Chris, it wasn't uncomfortable in that regard strangely enough, the seat is quite comfortable, it's just that I prefer to sit a little further back on the seat and I like to be able to move around a little and change my riding position on the seat!

Boys bits....ha, always getting in the way, but who'd be without em!! :wink1
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 12:02:06 PM »
  :like I sat on a Corbin on a 1300 some time ago and while I didn't ride the bike (it was on a white one and I wasn't in a slumming it mood)  :Stirpot

I found the lower back support comforting but it rolled me and the boys forward onto the tank.....because it was so snug there was just know room to move around.....so it's a Russell for me  :thumbsup

Only thing more comfy in my eyes would be to strap a Dawson recliner to the roof of a Fairlane  :nahnah

:beer
Chris    

IBA #64116   FarRider #660   Ulysses #56339

st2up@ozstoc.com

Mbl: 0428792425

Sighted it....Wanted it...Chucked a fit...GOT IT !!!!

Offline Marcus

• Insert amusing quip here...
  • RTE Coordinator
  • It says Stringo on my shirt
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 12:16:08 PM »
I haven't ridden much at all this winter and I might give it another try some time down the track but for now, it's the OEM seat with the sheepskin cover (to keep the bum warm) :grin

Wait... that's the elusive French Seat, right?

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 12:17:42 PM »
Ha!...........I can only imagine how comfortable a Russell would be..............I must admit the thought of a Goldwing isn't too far from my mind!   Well, it's on the bucket list anyway!! :grin

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 12:19:26 PM »
Yep......back in the box Goldilocks.....well, for now anyway!

I haven't ridden much at all this winter and I might give it another try some time down the track but for now, it's the OEM seat with the sheepskin cover (to keep the bum warm) :grin

Offline Marcus

• Insert amusing quip here...
  • RTE Coordinator
  • It says Stringo on my shirt
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 12:48:17 PM »
Yep......back in the box Goldilocks.....well, for now anyway!

Sometimes, when I buy new shoes, I get painful feet for a few weeks, and then, as if by magic, the shoes become amazingly comfy.

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 01:14:47 PM »
Sometimes, when I buy new shoes, I get painful feet for a few weeks, and then, as if by magic, the shoes become amazingly comfy.

Wanna try tight jocks for a few weeks?
That might prepare you for breaking in this seat.
Although your derriere might be a different shape to Couch's.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline HunterTodd

• HunterTodd
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 05:21:44 PM »
Chris, it wasn't uncomfortable in that regard strangely enough, the seat is quite comfortable, it's just that I prefer to sit a little further back on the seat and I like to be able to move around a little and change my riding position on the seat!

Boys bits....ha, always getting in the way, but who'd be without em!! :wink1

HI couch,

Did you find that it was much lower than the standard seat?

Offline Skip

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 07:25:41 PM »

That's right Marcus. That illusive French seat.  :fp  The Russell looks the goods though. Just not sure about the 'wings' that you speak of. Comfortable whilst on the go but a bit of an obstacle while stopped?
Getting wind in my hair while I still have some.

Offline Petenwen

• ST Legend Canberra ACT
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 09:07:25 PM »
Hi Couch,
I know this thread finished some time ago but I need to know how much lower is this seat compared to the standard seat, I'm what you call a real short ass and I need all the clearance I can get. Cheers. Peter. ▶️
black Honda  ST 1300
Pilot: Peter
Co-pilot: Wendy

Offline Lionel

• Legendary Member
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 10:36:22 PM »
Pectenwen, do yourself a favour and contact MJM in Goulburn. He did a beautiful seat for my ST1300 (having already modified my ST1100 seat previously), then I stacked it.

Offline Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • White is the fastest
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 10:39:25 PM »
then I stacked it.

Not sure I want him working on my seat them>>>>>

o:) o:)
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Offline Abe

• 4D Gang Member
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 06:57:54 AM »
Hi Couch,
I know this thread finished some time ago but I need to know how much lower is this seat compared to the standard seat, I'm what you call a real short ass and I need all the clearance I can get. Cheers. Peter. ▶️

Peter, I agree with Lionel, MJM (Mick) does nice work.

Mick re-jigged a piece Corbin seat on my 1300, great improvement.

I now have a RDL and over the moon with the extra comfit.

If you wish to try the modified Corbin, just ride to Sydney, then,
ride to Goulburn drop off your seat at Mick's and use mine in the interim.

Just a thought
At my age " getting lucky" is remembering what I came in the room for ;)

:wht13      Cheers Dave
Member of the 4 D Gang

Offline Petenwen

• ST Legend Canberra ACT
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 06:32:54 PM »
Thanks guys for all your advice and thank you Dave for your generous offer of your seat, I will make contact with Mick in Goulburn to see what he can do for me. Has anyone got Micks contact details in Goulburn.
Thank you.
Peter.
 :blk13
black Honda  ST 1300
Pilot: Peter
Co-pilot: Wendy