Author Topic: Changing the Brake and Clutch Reservoir Cups to a new look...  (Read 1555 times)

Offline jt8277

• ST Legend
Changing the Brake and Clutch Reservoir Cups to a new look...
« on: November 30, 2017, 12:46:34 PM »
Hi Guys,

You guys were so helpful with regard to the information about setting up the lights on my bike.  I wanted to check in with you again and ask your advice on something else I have been thinking of doing.

After watching a series on YouTube about rebuilding a wrecked bike, it was based in the US so things are slightly different when it comes to crashed motorcycles, but it is really interesting to watch, especially when he has no idea what he is doing.  Anyways, I can provide a link to it if you're interested.  Anyways, he used Rizoma Fluid Tanks 'Next' to replace the stock Brake and Clutch Reservoirs, and I thought about doing the same to my ST1100 and thought I would look into getting a couple, and managed to find a few places in Australia (Victoria and NSW) but are they EXPENSIVE....  $151.00 + and they come in some cool colours that would match your bike (just not white  :|||| )

So I had a look on eBay, and couldn't find them any cheaper, and then today I find a CNC Brake Clutch Master Cylinder Fluid Reservoir Tank Oil Cup Motorcycle that is meant to be universal from our Chinese friends and was thinking about getting some and wanted your thoughts on whether these would be a good replacement or not.  The matter of replacing them (which I was thinking about video'ing) and bleeding the brake-lines are a different matter.

Front Brake and Clutch Reservoir
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Motorbike-Black-CNC-Brake-Clutch-Master-Tank-Fluid-Oil-Reservoir-Cylinder-Cup-AU/222369006727?hash=item33c639c487:g:dfoAAOSwdGFYrAYV

Rear Brake Reservoir
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/For-Street-Triple-675-08-10-CNC-Black-Rear-Cylinder-Brake-Fluid-Reservoir-Tank/253218840784?hash=item3af504e0d0:g:MQwAAOSwKQ9Z~-y3

I really would like to know what you think.

Yours

J

:wht11

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
Re: Changing the Brake and Clutch Reservoir Cups to a new look...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 05:14:05 PM »
Well, if it's just for looks, I wouldn't go to the bother of breaking into my fluid lines and then having to do the bleeding etc.
There's also the matter of how well it would sit where the original one is.
Note the advert also says there is a brand name, presumably on the top, which they have photoshopped out.  It may be something you'd prefer not to have, e.g a Chinese character.  It may be possible to spray black over it.
I can't see the benefit, since I use farkles to make the bike more useful, not fancy looking.
But don't let me spoil your fun.  If you're willing to take the pain for the gain, be sure to post pix of the result.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Online Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
Re: Changing the Brake and Clutch Reservoir Cups to a new look...
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 06:23:44 PM »
The brake n clutch resevoirs on the handle bars also connect to the pistons to work their respective bits, cant see how to do that on the shown items. The rear may work, but as its concealed then why bother. Its a lot of work for little benefit..

As they seem cheap , and you want to give it a go then have at it.
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA