Author Topic: Ride to Maleny  (Read 8593 times)

Offline Webby

• ST Legend
Ride to Maleny
« on: December 24, 2011, 11:20:41 AM »
Went for a ride yesterday to Maelny and Mapleton. 
We headed off at around 8:30 and took the Bruce to the Kenilworth turnoff and headed into Woodford. Afte passing through Woodford we turned right into the Kilcoy-Beerwah Road, and then took a left after about 10 minutes, into the Maleny-Stanley River Road. This is the road where the fun starts as it has plenty of twists and turns.
We caught up with our wives, who travelled by car, at the Poets Cafe in Montville for morning tea. After the obligatory shopping, headed to the Mapleton Pub for lunch.
The rain started during lunch and it was a wet ride home.
However any ride, wet or not, is a good one.

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h461/Moetdog01/2cd8dee0.jpg

This is Michael and the bikes in the Montville car park, before the rain.
I tried to upload the photo however had difficulty as am using an iPad. If anyone can offer advice it would be appreciated.
Merry Christmas to all.
Webby
Webby
webster.john@optusnet.com.au
"I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol!"

Offline IanB

• Trundler
Re: Ride to Maleny
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 01:14:37 PM »
Another visitor to magnificent mapleton. Could have led you through some more twisties to get back to the bruce hwy after lunch.
Here am I trapped in the middle of motorcycle heaven and no-one tells me they are coming up. Gonna get a sticker made with Mapleton and my ph number and put it on all the bikes at the next rte as a reminder.
By the way webby how was the grub at the pub. Been there for dinner a couple of times and it has been very average.
Number for you waywards is 0407 159 860.

:13Candy
Never under estimate the predictability of stupidity.