Author Topic: Buckland & back  (Read 11384 times)

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania
Buckland & back
« on: January 30, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »
Another great ride yesterday :runyay....................a spur of the moment decision on Saturday night....................with the weather soooooooooo good at the moment why haven't we got a ride planned for tomorrow(Sunday).  So we decided to meet up at Foxy's at 9.00 and head off towards Sorell and then make a decision where to go from there. On the way in we made a stop at Copping, where there is a historic museum that has recently been taken over by new management, We've all passed this place hundreds of times but never stopped to look inside. Well, what a surprise, the place was loaded chock a block with the most interesting stuff I've ever seen. You could spend a day there and not see everything. The cost.........a gold coin donation! They've also installed new expresso equipment and I can absolutely recommend their coffee. After reaching Sorell we decided to head off up the East coast again but as Phil need to get home early we made Buckland our destination. There's a take away at Buckland that serves great Flathead fillets (been there and sampled them many times) so after our lunch break & re-fueling we turned for home. Weather all day was fantastic, not a cloud in the sky, quite warm but a nice cool breeze, fantastic riding conditions. We made a quick stop at the Dunnally Hotel on the way home and met up with a swag of other riders (Motorcycle Club of Tasmania) who had ridden down to the Peninsula from Hobart, we'd passed these guys going in the opposite direction when we were riding in to Sorell earlier in the day and there must have been about sixty of them. Like us, they'd been out and about making the most of the great weather. But I gotta say..........I wish we could get some bloody rain!!!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 11:25:05 AM by Couch »
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Offline JuST Peter

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Quakers Hill NSW
Re: Buckland & back
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 10:58:18 AM »
I wish we could get some bloody rain!!!
You can have ours :p :grin
Ulysses #41044; OzSTOC #14
I love what I ride and ride what I love

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 11:26:56 AM »
I'd take it willingly if only I could!!

I wish we could get some bloody rain!!!
You can have ours :p :grin
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

Offline saaz

• Canberra ACT
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 02:34:42 PM »
I have some wind to go with that rain.
John
(Ridden on and forever in our hearts)
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Ozstoc, STOC #7239, Farrider #461 Ulysses #061681, IBA #59143 and some others

Offline Whizz

• Paul. Ipswich, QLD.
    • Instrumented Control Solutions Pty Ltd
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 02:48:36 PM »
...and we've got the thunder...would you like fries with that?

:hatwave
Cheers,
Paul
:13Candy
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is!!
Red, 2004, ST 1300A

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 03:06:17 PM »
Have you tried taking anything for it??

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 03:11:20 PM »
Sorry about that Kev...........at least someone in Tassie's getting some :o...................send some down my way mate, we've only had a couple of drops all day :cuss

Offline Carsten

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Carsten
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 06:34:58 PM »
Seek and you shall receive.  Really, the bucketload we had should flow downhill to Nubeena and you should receive it soon Baz.

Offline saaz

• Canberra ACT
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 07:52:05 PM »
Have you tried taking anything for it??

beer and wine has not worked, so just about to start on the spirits 
John
(Ridden on and forever in our hearts)
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Ozstoc, STOC #7239, Farrider #461 Ulysses #061681, IBA #59143 and some others

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 09:12:26 PM »
We're finally getting some mate.............I just hope it keeps up as my tanks are almost empty.

Seek and you shall receive.  Really, the bucketload we had should flow downhill to Nubeena and you should receive it soon Baz.

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 07:54:22 AM »
Goodonya Couch. Nice report. Still livin' the dream eh?    :thumbsup

One of these days we'll convince you to pull all that fancy camera gear out and give us a few more shots of the wonderful Apple Isle!        :well

Cheers, Diesel

FarRider #416   IBA #55491  
OzSTOC Life Member
:candystwheelie       www.dieselst1300.blogspot.com.au

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 01:27:07 PM »
I promise I will Diesel.............I usually take a camera with me but we never stop while riding through the best parts. What I might have to do one day is head off to Swansea on my own and make it a photo day.

Keep on prompting.............they will come!!

Goodonya Couch. Nice report. Still livin' the dream eh?    :thumbsup

One of these days we'll convince you to pull all that fancy camera gear out and give us a few more shots of the wonderful Apple Isle!        :well

Cheers, Diesel

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 01:45:45 PM »
At last :hatwave.....................it started raining last night and we had reasonable rain for quite a few hours. Just checked my main tank and it's two thirds full :thumbsup.............not bad considering it was only holding about one tenth of a tank. I was intending to order 5000 litres of water today, so now I won't need to. That's just saved me $170.........yahoo!!!  :runyay
We haven't had any rain today but it looks like we might get more rain again tonight......hope so!  It's also turned quite cold again..........crazy weather..........but I'm not complaining, particularly when I see the heat wave on the WESTERN FRONT.   I really feel for you guys, I know what 40 degrees feels like.