Author Topic: Partial Report Ride to Tamborine V.  (Read 10067 times)

Offline tremarg

• ST Legend
Partial Report Ride to Tamborine V.
« on: February 11, 2012, 04:22:40 PM »
First ride with this group and all positive. Thank you to all who welcomed me. Apologies to those whose names I have already forgotten. That will resolve itself over time.

I joined at the Anzac Ave entry to the Bruce with 3 others, Diesel leading. The ride to McLean was uneventful although when riding conservatively in a group allows a little more looking around than at other times. At Boondall, 2 other bikes joined making a good number even before catching up with everyone at the BP McLean. That was the best part, meeting a "large number" of ST riders and the good number of ST's, biggest assembly I have seen.

As a group ride I enjoyed the run up to Tamborine Village and did enjoy the conversations. My major disappointment was meeting new people and then missing out on the field day next week as I will be on my way to Perth, no not on the bike but with Qantas.

After the coffee, it was time for me to go home. I left after everyone had departed. Thanks to whoever gave me the local tip "Left at BiLo, left at Coles" to avoid the road closure at Oxenford. It was better than going to Oxenford, had not been that way before. I had a coffee with a friend (FJR rider) on the way home. It rained at Eagle Heights, wierd as there was little cloud. Kept things cool.

The freeway run was OK but never relaxing. The traffic from Nudgee to North Lakes was nearly the same as peak hour during the week. When I arrived home it was 33 degrees as opposed to 21 degrees at Eagle Heights.

Again thanks to everyone for your welcome and will see you on another ride ride. Meanwhile I will keep the "ear" to this forum.

Trevor
2008 Honda ST1300
1975 Honda CB750 F

"Having a positive mental attitude is asking how something can be done rather than saying it can’t be done"

Offline tj189

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Brisbane
Re: Partial Report Ride to Tamborine V.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 04:39:42 PM »
Glad you enjoyed the meet up, they are a pretty good crew aren't they :thumbs 
IBA #38035
FarRider #189
Ulysses #42456

Offline innet57

• ST Freak
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 11:17:45 PM »
My first ride with the Group too, though I was in familiar country. On they way down to Canungra, I began to worry that I was on another ride with Ulysses, (which after 13 years of membership I'm still waiting to be old enough to ride that slow), but once out of Canungra the pace picked up and all was good. It is great riding country through Northern NSW.

It was really good to put some faces to the names I see on the site, but like Trevor I've already forgotten more  than I remember. Likewise I'll miss the Field Day next week due to a preplanned two day trail ride and I just love those weekends. One bonus is I'm now keen to do the National Rally in April - just have to get permission from the Chief.

Thanks to Diesel for being the diligent Field Marshall on the day and likewise to everyone else who was extremely friendly to say the least - I look forward to doing it again.

By the way Trevor, I'm the "Left at Bi-lo, left at Coles," informant. Glad it got you home. I always go that way if I'm heading to Brisbane from the Mountain, (& return). It's quite a nice bit of road and you beat all the tourists heading directly to Oxenford. For those who aren't aware the causeway over the Coomera River at Oxenford is out of commission indefinitely until they rebuild it. If you're coming to the Mountain from Brisbane you need to take the Coomera exit over the highway and proceed to Reserve Rd. Just turn left off the Roundabout and proceed past the BP Service Centre, right at Coles and then right at Bi-Lo.

It's a Bitch living on this Mountain!
Wayne
Wayne Tenni
If this is as good as it gets .... it ain't too bad.

Offline Whizz

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Paul. Ipswich, QLD.
    • Instrumented Control Solutions Pty Ltd
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 08:25:58 AM »
Hi all, I am really glad that you enjoyed your ride out, I had planned on turning up too, for all the above reasons of meeting new people and putting faces to names etc, but very early Saturday morning my wife developed a migraine. Not in itself very serious but very debilitating and no-one should be on their own when they are suffering pain like that. Anyway I'm sorry that I couldn't join in but I look forward to the next time, and I'll try to make next week's field day. And I look forward to reading the "official" trip report

Cheers

Whizz
 :13Candy

Cheers,
Paul
:13Candy
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is!!
Red, 2004, ST 1300A

Offline Skip

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 09:38:03 PM »
Nice to meet so many of the new faces. Hope to meet a few more new ones on the next outing.
Until then, STay upright.
Skip.
Getting wind in my hair while I still have some.

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 10:56:22 PM »
Goodonyas for enjoying a great day out - OzSTOC rides are generally a great place to be!

There will be plenty coming up this year. We will try to get out every 6 or 7 weeks. Some will be longer, some will be shorter.

Stay tuned. There is generally plenty of notice. Thanks to you guys for your company. I am always pleasantly surprised by the quality and skill of riders's abilities whom attend OzSTOC RTEs - well done folks. Whizz - next time mate - like I said - there will be plenty of rides this year - just choose the ones you can make.

Well done again villains.

Cheers, Diesel
FarRider #416   IBA #55491  
OzSTOC Life Member
:candystwheelie       www.dieselst1300.blogspot.com.au

Offline innet57

• ST Freak
Re: Coomera Causeway
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 12:22:03 PM »
As a footnote to my advice below: the Coomera River Causeway at Oxenford is back in temporary service as a one lane access with lights on each side until they rebuild it. It's a bit of a wait, but at least there's no need for the detour instructions anymore.

Wayne
Wayne Tenni

Offline tremarg

• ST Legend
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 01:55:52 PM »
I think the detour was a better option than through Oxenford if going or coming from the North, enjoyed it.

Thanks for the info.

Trevor
2008 Honda ST1300
1975 Honda CB750 F

"Having a positive mental attitude is asking how something can be done rather than saying it can’t be done"

Offline innet57

• ST Freak
Re: Coomera River Detour
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 04:27:01 PM »
I'm with you Trevor, I much prefer to go that way, but it is a little complicated for someone who just wants to get up to the Mountain and back.

We'll keep it as our little secret route. If too many bikes start using it the Cops might start frequenting it too - and that would really spoil my fun! http://ozstoc.com/Smileys/default/hat1.gif
Wayne
Wayne Tenni