Author Topic: OzSTOC Member contributions. 2016  (Read 14396 times)

Offline rally

• Rally
Re: OzSTOC Member contributions. 2016
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2016, 04:02:47 PM »
 :rd13 :rd13 :rd13

Will try another Commonwealth Bank and if accepted will make complaint about the Engadine Commonwealth Bank.. Standby for an update.

Rally
Rally

The following users thanked this post: Jdbiker

Offline alans1100

• 1999 ST1100A
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Alan, Peterborough, SA
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2016, 04:25:51 PM »
Christ mate,

how hard can it be to make a contribution, went to my bank, St George with your particulars and cash to deposit, informed I had to do it at a Commonwealth bank,  went to a commonwealth bank with the cash and the clubs particulars BUT they cannot receive  and transfer it I have to use my St George Credit card in their ATM GET A DEPOSIT SLIP AND DEPOSIT IT IN A SHUTE.. or somehow I can do it on line..  Sorry mate..just so hard for an old bloke, I will find some way.  What happened to over the counter service.

Rally
If you have online banking set up on your account you can transfer the money quite easily.
1999 :bl11  2004 :13Candy

FarRider #921- BR15, BR17, CR1

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2016, 06:07:13 PM »
Sorry to hear of your difficulty Rally.  I took cash to my local Commonwealth Bank, gave the teller a slip with the given account details, and deposited the cash in the OzSTOC account.    Dead easy and no dramas. 

That should work every time.  I've used that facility on other accounts when I've had cheques to deposit.  Pity about the Engadine branch!  :||||
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline johnnyYTED

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • STranger 1100 n BEEstY 1330cc
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2016, 05:50:13 PM »
:dred11
I was going to ask which bank but I read back and found out,, :thumbs
I will make a deposit on Wednesday,, ;)
I've forgotten the password set on my online banking to make 'other banks"  transfers.. 
Picton  if it doesn’t flood higher than previous times.
mobile 047 4488 436 
IBA#59147, FarRider #732
STranger 1998 ST1100, x Police
STrangler ST1300 2007 Charcoal Grey.
BEEstY 2017 Can-Am Daytona 1330.
maybe something with a little extra
:dred11 :Spyder

The following users thanked this post: Sicman, ST2UP, Jdbiker

Offline Crocman

• Out of dark,cometh light Ware's that Bloody fuse!
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2016, 10:54:56 PM »
done
Honda XL 175
 Honda XL 250
 Honda CB 500
 Honda XR 600
 Yamaha FJ 1100
 Honda ST1300
 Honda African Twin CRF1000
:slvr13

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2016, 06:17:35 PM »
Thank you to those whom have contributed to the cost of keeping OzSTOC "on the air".....we have had 20 members support the club with their contribution to date  :-++  :-++

Remember it is completely voluntary to contribute financially to OzSTOC, but if you think your club is worthy of your financial support to keep the club and its forum active you can assist in any small way using the options below.

OzSTOC Riders

BSB 064-429
Acc 10138445

Or

PayPal shop@ozstoc.com

Thanks again for your ongoing support

:beer

Chris    

IBA #64116   FarRider #660   Ulysses #56339

st2up@ozstoc.com

Mbl: 0428792425

Sighted it....Wanted it...Chucked a fit...GOT IT !!!!

Offline johnnyYTED

• STranger 1100 n BEEstY 1330cc
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2016, 07:35:07 PM »
:dred11
after doing a factory reset on my mobile ph and getting my banks app to download I was able to transfer funds by using lasts years transfer details in my phone banking app   so donation  done now..  :thumbs
Picton  if it doesn’t flood higher than previous times.
mobile 047 4488 436 
IBA#59147, FarRider #732
STranger 1998 ST1100, x Police
STrangler ST1300 2007 Charcoal Grey.
BEEstY 2017 Can-Am Daytona 1330.
maybe something with a little extra
:dred11 :Spyder

Offline Skip

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2016, 07:52:17 PM »
Done. Thanks to all the administrators. 2nd Biggles sentiment. Put the word out there if there is a shortfall. No one should be out of pocket given the time you put in.  ++
'15 BMW R1200RS
Getting wind in my hair while I still have some.

The following users thanked this post: ST2UP, Jdbiker

Offline STroppy

• STroppy (Terry - the name on the TeeShirt)
  • RTE Coordinator
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • CountryMember! Mob 0412499625
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2016, 08:31:29 PM »
I must say that I am a tad dissapointed that only around 20 out of around 1,000 have made a contribution towards the running costs of this website.

I figure (my figures, no one elses) that even if 400 out of the 1,000 members contributed around $5 or $10 each there would be sufficient funds to maintain the website for a reasonable period . . So c'mon people, please donate whatever you can afford . . . Price of a coffee . .

A big thanks to those who have contributed . .
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:05:01 AM by STroppy »
Terry, Canberra 0412499625
Ulysses #22354, FarRider #761
Current bikes 2013 Triumph Trophy SE, 2008 ST1300
Previous bikes1948 Triumph Tiger 500 Twin - sprung rear hub, 1963 BSA Bantam 175, Yamaha 75cc & DT250, Honda ST1100, 400N & CX500 sports, BMW K100RS & K100 LT, Harley Electra-glid

The following users thanked this post: ST2UP, johnnyYTED, Jdbiker

Offline rally

• Rally
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2016, 10:37:35 AM »

Now all good, went to Menai Commonwealth, no problems depositing a contribution, complaint made to Commonwealth Bank about the attitude of the staff at Engadine CBA... Happy days...

Rally
Rally

The following users thanked this post: ST2UP

Offline STraya

• STraya. Life’s too short for traffic”
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2016, 07:25:50 PM »
Done.  Thank you to all OzSTOC members who make this a great organisation to be part of. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
STraya  (Dave)   FarRider 515.    Ulysses 28892
And it’s something quite peculiar; something shimmering and white!”

Offline DavidP

• ST13 fan, near Toowoomba, Qld
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2016, 12:33:24 PM »
donation sent, REALLY like the forum :-)
:slvr13 in style
2008 ST1300, Carbon fender extender, blinker/mirror mod, switchback indicators, diy wiring/jump start harness, heated grips, diy swing-arm/shock protector, insulated fairing pockets, diy led spots

Offline rally

• Rally
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2016, 04:47:14 PM »

OOPS..Small error there.
CBA appologised on line for the Engadine staff being over zealous in trying to train me for when the branch closes so I can deposit money in the future.

Rally
Rally

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2016, 09:53:49 PM »
Well it's that time of the year again were I rattle the small OzSTOC jam tin  >:()......this gets prompted by our groups single biggest expense each year in June our Website/Forum hosting fees that I have just paid.

You don't need to be involved with this awesome group of people for long to realise it's the members and their passion for the club and its activities that gives OzSTOC it's momentum.

OzSTOC has never had a membership fee to be apart of this club....and those plans remain in place with no vision to change from this time proven concept.

But despite our expectation to be able to participate and view the club forum anytime and it's wealth of content without a second thought for what it costs to "keep the lights on", the reality is we do have ongoing costs to keep our club the premier bike model specific club in Oz.

OzSTOC members have completely free access to ALL general members areas of our club forum that provides all manner of Social and Technical ST and general motorcycling information. From RTE's, technical support and humour through to members discounts with Prefered suppliers. OzSTOC has it all.  :thumbsup

In addition to the club forum members have free access to a multitude of other services......including listed RTE's each year in every state of Australia & NZ with the Overnight rides becoming very popular now with the wider membership. We have and maintain a well stocked OzSTOC shop that is constantly accessing new products for the membership. OzSTOC operates a 24hr a day monitored Rider Assistance Network (RAN) that has assisted a number or our members over its inception a few years ago.

Many other new Motorcycle groups in their infancy have consulted our group as we have demonstrated a proven track record of how to remain member focused and member driven in an apolitical social group setting.

We now have a registered membership base of over 1000 members and while it's true that only a smaller number of the membership are obviously active.....we have a very large number of members who are viewing the forum as visitors without logging in and gaining valuable posted information and able to participating in club activities.

So if you feel that you are getting something out of OzSTOC, from the fellowship, the technical information or just the friendly motorcycle banter that forums enjoy we would appreciate your financial support to keep OzSTOC the place to be.

In previous years we have had only small numbers of members financially contribute to the club, (about 4%  Wot thuh) lets lessen the burden on the few and have more members give just a little.....but we are only asking for what you get out of the club.....if you think that you get $20 worth of benefit from our club then that's more than appropriate.......if you beleive the club is not worth financially supporting and should simply be grateful for your presence........well then that's OK too, but we cannot last forever on this premise  :whistle

Member contributions can be made by either Bank Transfer (Prefered) or PayPal (costs involved)

OzSTOC Riders

BSB 064-429
Acc 10138445

Or

PayPal shop@ozstoc.com

We have had a few more members contribute over the last week to the running costs of OzSTOC  :-++

Our recent expenditure for our web hosting fees haven't been covered yet.......but we live in hope, we are nearly there  :eek

Thanks again to all those who have financially contributed to the clubs well being.

Chris    

st2up@ozstoc.com

Offline StinkyPete

• Defected to a BMW
  • NR2016 Group
  • Blackwood, SA
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2016, 11:01:54 PM »

We have had a few more members contribute over the last week to the running costs of OzSTOC  :-++

Our recent expenditure for our web hosting fees haven't been covered yet.......but we live in hope, we are nearly there  :eek

Thanks again to all those who have financially contributed to the clubs well being.

What are the annual web site hosting fees, and how much has been raised so far?
IBA #59146   OzLapper 2012 & 2019

Yamaha XS650  (The Black Wobbler)
Yamaha XJR1300 (Rocket Ship)
Honda ST1300 (Beautiful Bike)
BMW R1200RT (Technically Perfect)

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2016, 12:15:18 AM »

What are the annual web site hosting fees, and how much has been raised so far?

Thanks Pete,

Annual fee for this 12 month period was $598 and had not changed since last year and we have had $575 received from member contributions thus far.

Our additional expenditure which is variable each year is consumed by RAN mobile (pre-paid), PayPal fees, shop trial products, forum upgrades (Wordpress now $300), OzSTOC Bussiness cards (just ordered another 1000), National Rally trophies and Google search upgrade to name a few for this year.

The last one is interesting as it has us listed as a Honda dealer....some months we get up to 5 calls requesting Honda parts. The club could have made a fortune if we carried Honda Civic door handles.  :fp

Other items like postage and phone calls could be claimed....even fuel (1000k's next week to trailer the club bike) but Pockey and I just absorb that  :wink1

The OzSTOC Shop can hold its own in sales.....but requires a reasonably large float to keep product on the shelves because of minimum order numbers. Just the simple club sticker is a minimum 100 units order and that is our smallest shop item and best seller.

We now carry our OzSTOC Polo club shirt in stock and on the shelf so generally have the shirt in the mail the following day....account takes a hit when you order 25 of those babies in one minimum order to then sit on the shelf to sell over next 6 months before you see your return.

That is probably more than you asked for Pete, but gives everyone an idea of our general expenditure.

Next year will be a little more costly as there is this speed boat that I have my eye on and...... :Whipped

Cheers
Chris    

st2up@ozstoc.com

The following users thanked this post: Streak, StinkyPete, mikep, Baza, Jdbiker

Offline StinkyPete

• Defected to a BMW
  • NR2016 Group
  • Blackwood, SA
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2016, 07:50:33 AM »
Thanks for the OzSTOC cost breakdown.   That gives us members a good idea of what the fixed costs are, and where the donated funds are directed.    ++
IBA #59146   OzLapper 2012 & 2019

Yamaha XS650  (The Black Wobbler)
Yamaha XJR1300 (Rocket Ship)
Honda ST1300 (Beautiful Bike)
BMW R1200RT (Technically Perfect)

The following users thanked this post: Baza

Offline Baza

• ST Legend
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2016, 05:24:54 PM »
Donation sent. Great people, great club. Thanks for all your work.
Baza

Offline toddie2

• Toddy
  • ST1300 rider
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2016, 07:35:03 PM »
Done. A big thankyou for a great website.
Toddy
Barmera SA

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2016, 11:06:15 AM »
Well it's that time of the year again were I rattle the small OzSTOC jam tin  >:()......this gets prompted by our groups single biggest expense each year in June our Website/Forum hosting fees that I have just paid.

You don't need to be involved with this awesome group of people for long to realise it's the members and their passion for the club and its activities that gives OzSTOC it's momentum.

OzSTOC has never had a membership fee to be apart of this club....and those plans remain in place with no vision to change from this time proven concept.

But despite our expectation to be able to participate and view the club forum anytime and it's wealth of content without a second thought for what it costs to "keep the lights on", the reality is we do have ongoing costs to keep our club the premier bike model specific club in Oz.

OzSTOC members have completely free access to ALL general members areas of our club forum that provides all manner of Social and Technical ST and general motorcycling information. From RTE's, technical support and humour through to members discounts with Prefered suppliers. OzSTOC has it all.  :thumbsup

In addition to the club forum members have free access to a multitude of other services......including listed RTE's each year in every state of Australia & NZ with the Overnight rides becoming very popular now with the wider membership. We have and maintain a well stocked OzSTOC shop that is constantly accessing new products for the membership. OzSTOC operates a 24hr a day monitored Rider Assistance Network (RAN) that has assisted a number or our members over its inception a few years ago.

Many other new Motorcycle groups in their infancy have consulted our group as we have demonstrated a proven track record of how to remain member focused and member driven in an apolitical social group setting.

We now have a registered membership base of over 1000 members and while it's true that only a smaller number of the membership are obviously active.....we have a very large number of members who are viewing the forum as visitors without logging in and gaining valuable posted information and able to participating in club activities.

So if you feel that you are getting something out of OzSTOC, from the fellowship, the technical information or just the friendly motorcycle banter that forums enjoy we would appreciate your financial support to keep OzSTOC the place to be.

In previous years we have had only small numbers of members financially contribute to the club, (about 4%  Wot thuh) lets lessen the burden on the few and have more members give just a little.....but we are only asking for what you get out of the club.....if you think that you get $20 worth of benefit from our club then that's more than appropriate.......if you beleive the club is not worth financially supporting and should simply be grateful for your presence........well then that's OK too, but we cannot last forever on this premise  :whistle

Member contributions can be made by either Bank Transfer (Prefered) or PayPal (costs involved)

OzSTOC Riders

BSB 064-429
Acc 10138445

Or

PayPal shop@ozstoc.com

Thank you to the few more members who have kicked into the OzSTOC tin.....we have covered our website fees for another year :hatwave

If you haven't yet contributed to the club coffers and wish to do so you can still can at either of the choices below....

OzSTOC Riders

BSB 064-429
Acc 10138445

Or

PayPal shop@ozstoc.com

We always have small ongoing general commitments in addition to our website and hosting fees that need to be absorbed in admin or the OzSTOC shop.

Supporting the OzSTOC shop is another method you can support your club......even the $5.00 the club makes on a shirt sale helps keep us in the black.

Massive thanks again to those who are prepared to financially support OzSTOC because of the benifits you see in your club.

BSB 064-429
Acc 10138445

Or

PayPal shop@ozstoc.com

Chris    

st2up@ozstoc.com

Offline bobSTer

• ST Legend
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2016, 07:41:52 PM »
 :runyay

Can't see my post but can my contribution to this great club be confirmed.

Thanks
Regards
Robert

1998 Non ABS ST1100
Ulysses #50219
Pajero NT 3.2 DID Pajero
"TOMORROW" (noun)
A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation and achievement is stored.

Offline ST2UP

• The Pockey Poker ;)
  • Administrator
  • Guyra - NSW
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2016, 08:09:08 PM »
:runyay

Can't see my post but can my contribution to this great club be confirmed.

Thanks

Confirmed Bob  :-++
Chris    

st2up@ozstoc.com

The following users thanked this post: bobSTer

Offline DBfive

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • David B
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2016, 11:44:46 AM »
Done - thanks for all your efforts  ++
Dave B
ST1300
CB750 K7

The following users thanked this post: Draco (Heartbreak Kid)

Offline Sicman

• RTE Coordinator
  • Was here when the lights got turned on :-)
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2016, 10:01:04 PM »
Bump  ;-*
Cheers
Tony
FarRider 802
NatRally's - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 202🤬, 2🤬21, 2021/22 Black Dog bit me, 2023
Experience trumps assumption :-)

Offline Gadget

• Just Ridin'
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2016, 10:45:23 AM »
Bumpity. :grin

sent using Tapatalk

Cheers,
Gary
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Then  :blu13 Now :Spyder
Life's too short to be miserable, so enjoy it! :)
OzSTOC #257
FarRider #810
IBA #59140

Mob: 04 2448 3555