Bikes Other than ST 11/1300 > Other Bike Discussions

Yamaha Niken GT

(1/4) > >>

Shillas:

Thoughts on this one as a tourer?

Yamaha describe the Niken GT as:

Yamaha’s ground-breaking Leaning Multi Wheel (LMW) technology can now be ridden closer to the horizon thanks to the increased levels of comfort and functionality delivered by the Niken GT, via a high touring screen, heated grips and comfort seat. Semi-soft 25-litre panniers provide storage space for the long road ahead, and cruise control lets you relax and enjoy the scenery.

Torque-rich CP3 847cc three-cylinder engine, developed specifically for the Niken GT, features fuel injection settings that provide a strong mid-range surge of power. Confidence-inspiring front-end grip is provided from the twin front wheels, giving outstanding handling and the ability to carve through the most challenging corners.

The Niken GT strikes the perfect balance of sportsbike agility, long-range touring comfort and confidence-inspiring handling.

Rideaway at $27,399, gst inc

ruSTynutz:
Here's a review...

https://www.mcnews.com.au/yamaha-niken-gt-review-motorcycle-tests/

Brock:
Looks so wrong..

Wild Rose:
They have one at Elite Motorcycles in Toowoomba
It is the demo one that all the journalist's used to test ride in Australia
They have reduced the price down to $12,500
So good buying if it what you want
But not for me

StinkyPete:
It is a rather ugly bike in my opinion, and after seeing the photo showing the rear seat, it's not well suited to 2Up touring.    If/when I reach the stage in life where I need three wheels, I reckon the Spyder is a far better option. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version