Honda ST1300 Section > Oils, Oil Filters & Servicing ST1300

Oil filter removal.

(1/4) > >>

bucket:
Well, I've just dropped the oil on my ST1300, Mr Honda, love the bike but why did you make the oil filter so hard to get to? After changing the plugs and air filter, I moved onto the oil and filter thinking, it's a spin on oil filter, that'll make life easy! It took me around ten minutes to realise that my clamp I use for the car, won't fit the smaller filter on the bike, and I couldn't get it in there anyway. I'm replacing it anyway, I'll just drive a screwdriver through it and turn it with that. Well that just made a mess. In the end I had to find a spot I could put a driver onto the edge of the filter and tap it so that I could get it to unscrew. I hear there's a special tool to use for the filter, has anyone used it and do you have any suggestions for easier replacement in the future? I have, this time, used a K&N filter with the nut welded to the back, so at least it will be an easier replacement next time.

Williamson:
I have a few oil filter tools, this type I find the best.

Williamson:

--- Quote from: Williamson on February 01, 2024, 02:42:12 PM ---I have a few oil filter tools, this type I find the best. 

--- End quote ---
In the small motorcycle filter size, of course.

bucket:
Yeah, i'm looking at one of those ones with a steel band that you can tighten with a nut, like this:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/276099112469?hash=item4048ca1e15:g:Q38AAOSwR21kaGXu&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwE7bEHWnlhXlRrnwlOdWwSp6FfTdbKfvmjyLce%2B%2Bv9uMP3wsfvDyNebSbzfJU4ZfwMNoO9bLFq%2FH2QJ3DLgw032mf3gxONsMfWzPtS4griA2Dw5LLKqkUHZ3KwBEBBDYSZuzLx7CktepbD0PF4d%2BAesqHORxmPV7Czlvea1BFIUOPzMKQVMwe4TwYrMilOoyEEdhOkGK1w82kQNJAgJMIhE9LLiZOkvwt%2BqQzP%2BnQvxgKFcnl1i7obXmHfRN9aVkKw%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR8D03a6sYw

I assume that from the one you posted, the oil filter is 65 mm in diameter? I should go and measure the old one, an original part, so I know for the future.

ruSTynutz:
I like the K&N Filters as they have a nut that you can use a socket on.
They are available in black or chrome if you like a bit of bling...  :grin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version