No Parking Zone! > Off Topic, Off Colour, and non-motorcycle related

What have you done to get healthy?

(1/27) > >>

Streak:
I have lost 11kg in 10 weeks, and I am now wearing the smallest Jeans I have owned in 3 years  :thumb

Teela is up to 12kg lost with almost 13 inches lost from her waistline in the same time!

Anytime Fitness Toowoomba have really been first class in helping us reach our goals, and helping us lose weight and get fit responsibly.

We have cut most of the high sugar (soft drinks, junk food), and just started eating more salad, fish, and eating smaller less supersize portions...

Our motivation is national rally, and our wedding coming up, but most of all was to feel good about ourselves and get some energy back in our lives.

All of which got me thinking...

Have you had the life moment that said I am getting healthy? And why did you do it?

StinkyPete:
Well done and congratulations to Teela and Streak :thumbs

I've done nothing.....  :eat

Streak:
Here is a family photo we took this morning as Aiden is off to his first day of prep! teela got a fright as she is used to looking like an umpalumpa  :crackup

saaz:
Gee, I won't recognise you so let me know who you are!  Very well done as it takes a lot of commitment and willpower   :thumbs.  I have always been about the same weight, but I have gone from 65kgs when I was 18 to 72kg just now..must be old age and all that extra muscle  :whistle

WendyL:
Well done Graham and Teela.
 :runyay :runyay :runyay :runyay

My "aha moment" was about 2 1/2 years ago.  Since then I have lost 50kg and 6 dress sizes (I actually kept a pair of jeans to remind me of where I was, and my 12yo daughter and I can both climb into them together).  Initially lost 40kg in 12 months, then the last 10kg took me another 12 months.  Still backslide occasionally, especially when my asthma prevents me from exercising, and at the same time have medication that increases appetite.... But still, I'm slimmer now than I was at 15.  I have a jacket that was tailored for me all those years ago that is now way too big.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version