Honda ST1300 Section > Plastic, Fairings, Panniers and Top Box's 1300

Front Indicator/mirror cowl assemblies for ST1300

(1/2) > >>

Gadget:
Has anyone lost a front indicator/mirror housing assembly?

I must have lost my Left-hand Front one on the way to work this morning.  I was sure it was there when I parked it, but it wasn't when I went to ride home this evening. :cuss  It was in the secure car park at work all day with security cameras, so I don't think it was stolen.  The damn tether failed to do it's job, :cuss interestingly the connector on the wire is still intact.    :'(

When I got home in the good light of the garage, I could see the retaining clips were bent out towards the front and one of the four 'fingers' on the top front is actually missing.  :cuss :cuss :cuss Maybe someone bumped it off walking past in the car park and were a bit scared to confront me. :cuss :cuss :cuss

Anyway, who knows where I might get a replacement.   :think1 The sooner the better as it is my daily ride.

Cheers,
Gary

Gadget:
Good News!

I found it on the side of the road on the way to work this morning.

Bad News!

It is badly scratched and battered, however it is still in one piece and the indicator still works.  A bit of bog and a spray paint and it should almost be as good as new.

I'm going to see if I can get new spring clips as the old ones aren't working very well. 

Biggles:

--- Quote from: Gadget (Gary) on April 17, 2013, 10:30:08 AM ---Good News!

Bad News!

It is badly scratched and battered, however it is still in one piece and the indicator still works.  A bit of bog and a spray paint and it should almost be as good as new.

I'm going to see if I can get new spring clips as the old ones aren't working very well. 

--- End quote ---

Lucky find.  Fortunate it hadn't been run over!

dougcthr:
I lost one after the bike had a little lie down whilst I was helping a mate get out from under his BMW. (Typical of an ST... Never fall over if you are aboard....). Anyway the cost of a brand new cowling, no indicator lense color coded was less than $100 from the local Honda shop (CMC).

This was cheaper than an eBay aftermarket plain one.....

The clips can be re-bent back into place... Mine are holding fine...

Cheers,

Doug

Sabie:

--- Quote from: Gadget (Gary) on April 17, 2013, 10:30:08 AM ---Good News!

Bad News!

--- End quote ---

I have a spare blue left side with only minor scratches to the end if that helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version