Honda ST1100 Section > Tyres...to suit your ST1100

What brand tyres are you running now"

(1/49) > >>

Diesel:
It doesn't matter for this poll whether you pilot an 11 or 13.

Just interested who's getting the bucks from us Sport Touring legends!

If you run different brand F & R then vote on the REAR TYRE ONLY.

(Only one vote per member you sneakies!)

saaz:
I just had a set of Avon storms on, but they are not on the bike. Shinko Verge radials are on now, but have not turned on the road as yet.

Previous tyres - Avons Azarros, Storms, Z6s, D205s, BT020s, Continental Roadattacks, Dunlop Roadsmarts.  All on the ST11. I could go back to 1976....

Streak:
I am currently running Battle Axes, and well after what i got them for out of the US, i am running them again :)

saaz:
Too late to now include a rating, but in order of best mileage/grip combination and including how much they cost (all bought in Australia so far) the best so far have been Avon Storm Ultra 2s (best handling and grip in all conditions, and mileage back up to 13,000kms plus for a set), next best original Avon Azzaros as they had enough grip for same use and the same mileage as the newer Ultras.  All the rest were ok, but 10,000kms max life or less and not as good grip wise overall.

The Shinkos (and they are in ST13 sizes) are the first tyres I have bought from the US. The cost difference to fiting a set in Australia has paid for a few tyre fitting tools :)

Rodd:
I recently fitted the Bridgestone BT023s that I ordered from the US.

The old tyres had worn to a v-shape at the front, so made cornering very interesting to say the least!

The new tyres feel so much more sure-footed and my cornering confidence has improved markedly.

I have read that some people (in the US) have said that they wear too quickly, so I guess that I'll just have to find out.
After fitting them and riding the 5 k's to work I was surprised at how warm the tyres felt (on a cool day). I may be wrong but this suggests to me that they are making a good effort at providing grip. Of course, the bike now corners much more predictably now that the bikes tyres have a rounded cross section rather than the old tyres 'V' cross section!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version