Honda ST1300 Section > Plastic, Fairings, Panniers and Top Box's 1300

How long to take the Tupperware off a ST1300?

<< < (3/3)

DBfive:
Diesel

Almost got to that state over a couple of evenings this week but now I'm stymied by some stuck screws on both left and right cowls.  I seem to recall reading somewhere that Honda doesn't use Phillips head screws, so I'm thinking if I try much harder I'm going to burr the heads.  Any suggestions?

DB

winston66:

:hatwave :beer

I believe that the terminology that you are looking for is something like JIS that is short for Japanese Industry Standard .
For he fixings.
Needs a special sort of grind (point) on the screwdriver which is a little different to our old standby of the Phillips head.

Try the Google trick/
Cheers.
Winston66. Northampton ,
Western Australia
 :rd13 :wht13 :OldMan :runyay

Biggles:
There are no JIS screws holding panels- only plastic pins and 5mm Allen keyed bolts.
The JIS screws we are most likely to encounter are the ones holding down the "funnels" over the throttle bodies.
There may be others in the engine but I haven't been any deeper than the throttle block.

ST2UP:
There is 10 Phillips heads to remove the sides......3 under each mirror housing and 2 infront of the pie warmer lids....

I guest the ones your having trouble with are the ones under the mirror housing, get the correct size Phillips (quality) head screw driver....insert into screw and give it a heavy tap with a hammer, while applying some left hand  pressure...should be just enough to crack the thread  :like

:beer

DBfive:
Thanks again Chris - yes it's the ones under the mirrors and one under the headlight for the inner cowl.  I think the last time they moved was when the previous owner fitted a microphone jack in the pie warmer (LHS) and when the panel was fitted on the RHS when the bike was assembled.

Cheers
DB5

Once I get them off and reassembled I'll have to give Diesels 12 min a crack

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version