Honda ST1100 Section > Brakes & Clutch ST1100

ABS issue after new front tyre

(1/4) > >>

Shillas:
Had a new front tyre fitted this morning prior to leaving for Wooli. Should have been in on Monday afternoon / Tuesday morning at latest, but that's another story.

Anyway, fitted this morning & left for Wooli via Broken Hill. About an hour into the ride, hit a couple of bumps & ABS  warning light came on.  Pulled over, quick check, restart and all fine.  Then happened again 10 minutes later. Restart, fine.

Next time, ABS & TCS flashing.  Restart, all fine.

And again, but as brakes not seeming to be affected, hit the ABS / TCS button on the dash, flashing stopped, left with steady red ABS warning light.

There does seem to be a bit of play with the brake unit.

So, looks like the wheel &  brake unit not correctly re-installed.

I don't believe it is impacting on the ride, braking or safety, but any advice would be welcome.

Cheers

Michael.

Gadget:
 I'd be looking for loose bolts on the brake assembly.
And some tools to tighten them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jdbiker:
On the ST1300 the air gap for the ABS sensor needs to be set correctly ( little feeler gauge in tool kit) otherwise will throw up ABS fault, maybe same applies to ST1100 🤓

Jdbiker:
It’s normal for calipers to have some play but definitely no loose bolts, I wouldn’t be riding till you have checked that Sir Shillas. Ride safe and see you at Wooli.

StinkyPete:

--- Quote from: Jdbiker on October 18, 2017, 06:33:22 PM ---On the ST1300 the air gap for the ABS sensor needs to be set correctly ( little feeler gauge in tool kit) otherwise will throw up ABS fault, maybe same applies to ST1100 🤓

--- End quote ---

Shillas's bike is a ST1100, so I'm  not sure if the same applies.

Who did the tyre install for you??   :well

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version