Author Topic: Collectable motorcycles!  (Read 2647 times)

Hanno

Collectable motorcycles!
« on: October 08, 2012, 11:47:19 PM »
I did not realise that a 1999 ST1100 was such a collectable motorcycle, this week 3 cars have tried to collect me, 2 changed lanes AS they passed so I had to break hard and one woman was looking at me as she pulled out of a side street so I had to change lanes in a hurry. :(

terrydj

Re: Collectable motorcycles!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 07:39:22 AM »
Damn oath their collectable. I was collected by a truck a few years ago. Collected by a Kangaroo, and on numerous occasions collected by Police in numerous states of Australia.

Hanno

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 07:45:17 AM »
I forgot about the kangaroo a couple of years ago, was coming home from Martial Arts when one ran out from Ross River, collected my left paniar...$3:00 of plastic costs $1100!

Hanno

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 04:28:48 PM »
 >:( The worst drivers on the road are 4wd.ers. Today in a two lane turning right onto Riverway Drive the fool in the 4wd beside me in the right hand lane turned right into my lane, the left lane forcing me to go off road for a while. The 99 ST is very collectable!!

Offline Whizz

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Paul. Ipswich, QLD.
    • Instrumented Control Solutions Pty Ltd
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 05:57:36 PM »
Clarification of that, Hanno. The worst drivers in the world are women driving 4 WD's taking their brats to school! They are completely oblivious to the world around them and they think the urban tank and the rug-rat(s) give them some sort of God-given right to go wherever they like, whenever they like, without thought to anyone else in the world. And if they shouted at/gesticulated at, or have a horn blown at them, then it is obviously the fault of the rest of the world, it can't possibly be them!  :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss
Cheers,
Paul
:13Candy
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is!!
Red, 2004, ST 1300A

Offline bobSTer

• ST Legend
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 06:55:00 PM »
Whizz,
You are so damn correct - As a driver of a vehicle that occassionally transports their rug rats too school in multiples of 50 - we see the worst of it in School Zones - School Parking - School Drop off Zones - oblivion too them is the world around them and if they don't receive right of way - whoooohooo - what the gesticulating hand movements - all in front of impressionable cheildren ------  don't get me started...................... or I might really tell how it is !!!!!

It's not always "Collectable Motor Cycles" I can assure you all.

I ride   :dred11

Bob
Regards
Robert

1998 Non ABS ST1100
Ulysses #50219
Pajero NT 3.2 DID Pajero
"TOMORROW" (noun)
A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation and achievement is stored.

Hanno

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 08:26:46 PM »
I once slowed for a school crossing, no children on it but it was in the time period, a woman with her school aged rugrats in a fancy, never leave the road, 4wd overtook me on the crossing!

Offline Sabie

• Riding a Blue Angel
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 01:26:28 AM »
The worst drives are young males with a red or green "P" runners up are young females with a red or green "P"..... :spank
(Sabie pronounced Sab bee)

2004 Honda ST1300 Blue (Current)
2007 Yamaha VStar XVS 650 Classic (Current)
2011 Suzuki Boulevard C50T VL 800
2007 Yamaha XV 250 Virago
1980 CX500 Red
1980 CX500 Black
1979 CX500 Blue
1981 Honda XL 500s
1982 Yamaha XZ 550
1981 Honda XL 250s
1974 Honda Elsinore MT 250

Hanno

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 06:59:38 AM »
There is a P plater near me with a WRX!

Offline WendyL

• RTE Coordinator
  • Extremely nice person, angelic even....
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 08:10:51 AM »
Clarification of that, Hanno. The worst drivers in the world are women driving 4 WD's taking their brats to school! They are completely oblivious to the world around them and they think the urban tank and the rug-rat(s) give them some sort of God-given right to go wherever they like, whenever they like, without thought to anyone else in the world. And if they shouted at/gesticulated at, or have a horn blown at them, then it is obviously the fault of the rest of the world, it can't possibly be them!  :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss

I just feel the need to point out that those women who also ride STs are a lot more aware of their surroundings, even when travelling with rugrats........  :grin
:KissBlow
Wendy
2005 ST1300
FarRider #913

Offline Tipsy

• Landed Gentry
  • Laurie
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 08:50:55 AM »

I just feel the need to point out that those women who also ride STs are a lot more aware of their surroundings, even when travelling with rugrats........  :grin

Sorry Wendy L but I have to agree with Wizz some what on this one, I happen to live between to schools and see it every day. mind you I have seen the odd male doing much the same but not often,
I do my best to avoid riding during those times if I can help it.
But the worst is in shopping centre carparks hence the reverse lights and truck beeper attached to my Ronda,
it makes slow down very quickly as they cant see the truck........ :rofl :crackup :rofl :crackup
I am lost and haves gone to find myself
Now If I get back before I return
Please ask me to wait.

Offline Whizz

• Paul. Ipswich, QLD.
    • Instrumented Control Solutions Pty Ltd
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 08:51:45 AM »
Wendy, agreed present company excepted; anyone who rides an ST (or any other bike for that matter), is more aware of the world around them...and its a bit hard to get very many rugrats on a bike  :grin
Cheers,
Paul
:13Candy
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is!!
Red, 2004, ST 1300A