Author Topic: Apology  (Read 2553 times)

Offline scarp

• Legendary Member
  • Huntingdale, Westralia
Apology
« on: October 22, 2012, 09:16:39 PM »
I'd just like to apologise to those I have offended in the past, I know I can get off track some times but thats just me & I do say things which others may think is out of line & it prolly is.
The whole idea of this forum to me is for fun & maybe help out, hey I've also learned a lot here, I also poke fun at others & I'm always ready for others to take the piss with me.
I also understand there must be rules to any club & so I've decided that I will no longer post on this site.
Thanks for all the fun & all the help, all the best for the future
See you on the road sometime
Noel
FR# 431
IBA# 60317

Offline hobs

• ST Legend
Re: Apology
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 09:38:56 PM »
 :'( No one should ride alone Scarp. We are all big girls and boys here and able to take a little 'stick' whether deserved or not. I do not know why you have reached this decision, but I do know that life is short and sometimes comes to an end too quickly, and things that we leave behind or left unsaid do not necessarly come back for another chance. We all  have regrets, the win comes from learning from them and making things right again. When the end comes, all that matters is who you love and who loves you. Hang in there STer. :thumbs

Offline Whizz

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Paul. Ipswich, QLD.
    • Instrumented Control Solutions Pty Ltd
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 09:52:38 PM »
Jeez, Scarp, that sounded very final!?! I don't know of anyone on this forum who hasn't ruffled some feathers along the way, but you sound as if you're quitting the forum forever. Please say it 'aint so! :crazy :crazy :crazy
Cheers,
Paul
:13Candy
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is!!
Red, 2004, ST 1300A

Offline Sabie

• Riding a Blue Angel
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 09:54:44 PM »
Come back scarp. There's no problem here we're all freinds.

(Sabie pronounced Sab bee)

2004 Honda ST1300 Blue (Current)
2007 Yamaha VStar XVS 650 Classic (Current)
2011 Suzuki Boulevard C50T VL 800
2007 Yamaha XV 250 Virago
1980 CX500 Red
1980 CX500 Black
1979 CX500 Blue
1981 Honda XL 500s
1982 Yamaha XZ 550
1981 Honda XL 250s
1974 Honda Elsinore MT 250

Offline keith3po

• Manchester UK, ST1100 - GL1500
    • my-mc-phoenix
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 09:57:36 PM »
Don't post much but love the enthusiasm and banter on the site which you are part of Scarp rather you didn't leave. :(

Take a week off then come back.
Sometimes  Sometimes
http://www.my-mc-phoenix.com

Turtle

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 10:11:32 PM »
Noel please don't walk away mate I don't no what was done to who or what but mate no need to walk away from the Ozstoc family we can forgive Well I can .......... Unless you drink my beer on me  :cuss

Offline WendyL

• RTE Coordinator
  • Extremely nice person, angelic even....
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 10:12:31 PM »
Come back scarp. There's no problem here we're all freinds.

Don't go scarp, wouldn't be the same without you!
:KissBlow
Wendy
2005 ST1300
FarRider #913

Turtle

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 10:13:31 PM »
Noel please don't walk away mate I don't no what was done to who or what but mate no need to walk away from the Ozstoc family we can forgive Well I can .......... Unless you drink my beer on me  :cuss

Online Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 10:30:24 PM »
Don’t go Scarp :'(
We need people on this forum that are happy to have a laugh at themselves and share in a bit of banter with others (it’s the Aussie way :grin) after all the forum is about having fun and sharing our love of the best bike around, the ST

That being said there are times where people may take offence :eek
But if someone takes offence to something you say :well apologise, try not to say the same thing again and move on. I’m fairly certain we can all take a joke most of the time and we all enjoy a good laugh. :thumb

Either way you decide to go I wish you all the best mate :thumbs

Cheers
Shiney
My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)

Offline Poppy Dave

• Teller of Untellable Jokes
  • Midland, WA
    • Dave Roper
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 10:51:27 PM »
Noel,

Don't know what's been said, or done, to cause you to take this action but mate surely it can be sorted.

One of the other members and I had a bit of a run in some time ago over something that was said and I took it the wrong way. We exchanged a couple of PM's and it was resolved. No offence was meant on his part as it turned out but I grabbed the shi77y end of the stick and over-reacted.

I suggest that if you have an issue with a post, or whatever, contact that person, convey to them how you feel about it, in a civilised manner, and take it from there.

Good luck and take care (Please don't go),

Dave                                                                               :wht13
Dave R
Honda ST1100A
Suzuki Boulevard C50
STOC # 8241
SAC-PAV A/501

We know why dogs stick their heads out of car windows.

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 11:40:11 PM »
If you got a norty note for something, then from my experience it is intended to be for the best- that is, to stop the Forum going downhill.
If you disagree with a Mod's restriction, then as Roper says, you exchange a couple of PMs to sort it out.
I hadn't noticed whatever you wrote that ruffled feathers, but I wouldn't expect it to have been major.
It's a pity to walk away from something you enjoyed a lot because of one hassle, but I know people do it all the time in social groups.
I doubt anyone will think less of you if you just forget the matter and move on without needing to say more.
Lurk for a while...
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline Aj1300

• aj1300
  • KTm
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 07:03:41 AM »
Scrap, don't goooo! We need to be able to take the piss, if we upset someone pm them and sort it out. It's good to have a bit of banter. It's the Aussie way. We all take he piss. I enjoy your threads :-++ :-++  Good luck bud :blk13
Adam aj1300/ KTM

Offline Tipsy

• Landed Gentry
  • Laurie
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 07:47:13 AM »
 :wht11 py

Hey Buddy no need to go, I have found that getting upset or angry with some one only affects one person .....ourselves.......hence I no longer have any problems.

Don't let them win Mate   :( :'(

Tipsy
I am lost and haves gone to find myself
Now If I get back before I return
Please ask me to wait.

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 08:11:30 AM »
We don't want you to go at all, you crack me up all the time, and what you have done for the group in so many ways has been fantastic, this place would not be the same without you!

Cheers

Graham (Streak)
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63