Author Topic: UFO  (Read 1056 times)

Offline BigTed

• Was: 2010 ST1300A (Black). Now: 2021 BMW r1250rt
  • Legendary Member
  • Perth, WA.
    • The Nook
UFO
« on: October 24, 2012, 03:57:28 PM »
It was a Saturday morning, fine & sunny. I was minding my own business in the right hand lane on the freeway at 100km/h - heavy-ish traffic. :thumb

About 6 cars ahead of me was a brickie's ute - loads of cement, mixer, tools, and across the top of the bar-work were 2 wheel-barrows.

Clearly he hadn't tied them down - at all. At 100 km/h the wind got underneath one of them and up she went - flying saucer like about 3m above the ute.  :o  :eek  |-i

Luckily the foward momentum had it tumble down the freeway - staying in its own lane (!) - and all other cars ahead of me saw it too with simulateous application of ABS me thinks.... :thumbsup
...although I'm sure there would have been a rear-ender somewhere back down the freeway.

I'm not even sure the ute knew what happened.  :spank

So, what other "WTF" moments have you had while riding?

R.  :blk13
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 04:07:42 PM by BigTed (aka Rob) »
Rob (in Who's Who)
STOC# 8422

"And yet it moves." - Galileo.

Offline STeveo

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • ST Legend
Re: UFO
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 06:49:13 PM »
Following a car towing a car trailer that had the ramps loaded from the side, and the further he went the further one of the ramps slid out until it hit a guide post on the side of the road, splintering it into small shower if broken wood. luckily it was a Sunday afternoon on a quiet country road with no traffic about.

:bl11