Author Topic: Re: OzSTOC Rider Down (atoyot)  (Read 3643 times)

atoyot

Re: OzSTOC Rider Down (atoyot)
« on: December 11, 2013, 02:44:22 PM »
I've had a bit of a hiccup with my AGM preparations, but I still hope to make it. On the way to get an MC Cruise installed by Dale last week, I had a collision that resulted in myself and the ST hitting a Mazda 3.

I'm on the mend now, but the ST's fate is yet to be decided. From the photos my wife took, it seems that the top tripleclamp has snapped, amongst other things, so at the moment, I'm suspecting a write off. That being the case, I've requested that I be offered the wreck, and then I'll have a job to buy a replacement ST and start to transfer all my farkles and accessories.

At least, I've still got my MT-01, and hopefully in the new year, I'll be fit enough to resume riding, so at this stage, I have a few option available to me.

Offline tj189

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Brisbane
Re: Re: OzSTOC Rider Down (atoyot)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 03:44:54 PM »
sorry about your ding, glad to hear you are ok, there will be other rallies  :thumbsup
IBA #38035
FarRider #189
Ulysses #42456

Turtle

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 04:56:50 PM »
Mate main thing is your here telling us of this accident

Hope it works out for you with a new ST and Ballarat

Turtle

Offline HOFFY

• ST Legend
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2013, 05:46:16 PM »
You didn't mention any major injuries to yourself and I presume that you are home.   

If that is the case, then look after bruises and prepare yourself for your next ride.

Glad to see you are still up and around and look fwd to hear the war stories in March.

Regards

HOFFY

atoyot

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 06:25:34 PM »
Two posterior ribs broken and a bruised lung, but utterly devastated  o:) that it wasn't some idiot in a car that made a mistake this time. Oh well, first one of note in 35yrs, and I can't wait to get back on board. Incident fully analysed and lesson re-learnt. This time, it's on timing the look over the shoulder when a car in front may have reason to stop. That's the condensed version, but what really happened is that I low sided it whilst power sliding out of a corner..yada....yada..... :grin :grin

Offline HOFFY

• ST Legend
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 07:03:16 PM »
Not really sure what you said then but I get the impression that you changed lanes when you should not have.

Wife did that in a small 4wd once, total cars damaged, 4.

Anyway, look after those ribs and lungs. When you can laugh without it hurting,  you know you are better so keep reading the jokes to test the theory.

Offline sargent

• Every days a new adventure
  • Legendary Member
  • ST Rider - Collector, NSW
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 08:30:48 PM »
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate timing on doing a head check...
Hope all works out either way with the bike and you see yourself back on the road soon.
Robert - White ST1100P (they're just better)

atoyot

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 08:42:12 PM »
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate timing on doing a head check...
Hope all works out either way with the bike and you see yourself back on the road soon.

Thanks Rob; I'm missing riding already, and it's been less than a week, but it's just a minor blip on the radar in the big scheme of things.

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 09:42:16 PM »
Mate that's a bugger, not sure what else to say, my wife was shocked seeing you where only just here the other day, rest up heal up, i am sure will be many willing souls to help get you back on the road again if you require us!
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

atoyot

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 10:20:25 PM »
Hi Streak, mistaken identity! I saw a post the other week on your visit by another Andrew OZSTOCer, and I can assure you that we are yet to meet you and your wife, but will do at the AGM, one way or another! I hope you read this and pass it on to your wife before she goes to sleep on it. Hopefully, being an hour behind will help!

regards
A(toyot)ndrew!

Offline Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 07:23:01 AM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( sorry to hear about the bike atoyot :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Hopefully you'll be able to resurrect some part of her in the next one :thumb

Oh and I hope you feel better soon too :grin
My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)

atoyot

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 08:08:13 AM »
Thanks, Shiney. Hopefully, I'll have lots and lots of spares and bits in the future to almost build another one, but I'm maybe getting a bit too far ahead of my insurance co. Hmmm, I wonder what colour would be best now that I've owned an Ambassador Red one?
 :wht13
 :blu13
 :blk13
 :slvr13
 :13Candy

Offline Marcus

• Insert amusing quip here...
  • RTE Coordinator
  • It says Stringo on my shirt
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2013, 08:22:58 AM »
I wonder what colour would be best now that I've owned an Ambassador Red one?
 :blk13

Black is the only obvious choice ... glad you're ok btw

Offline saaz

• Canberra ACT
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2013, 05:12:09 PM »
Good to see you survived for another day Andrew. See, at least one spare bike is handy...
John
(Ridden on and forever in our hearts)
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Ozstoc, STOC #7239, Farrider #461 Ulysses #061681, IBA #59143 and some others

Offline Whizz

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Paul. Ipswich, QLD.
    • Instrumented Control Solutions Pty Ltd
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2013, 05:20:09 PM »
Mate, Glad you are still walking, talking and chewing gum!!!  :beer

OOHH, think of all the spares you will have coming!!  :clap :clap
Cheers,
Paul
:13Candy
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is!!
Red, 2004, ST 1300A

atoyot

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 08:15:56 PM »
The guy at collideascope told me he didn't even bother getting the bike off the trailer, as it obviously had a bent frame, so it is written off. Rang Insuremyride and they've arranged for me to contact Pickles to remove any of the accessories that wasn't written down for the bike, which is pretty much everything. Some of them I won't bother with, as they'll be too fiddly and not worth the effort, but I will take that opportunity, as I only really wanted the wreck for the farkles etc. However, I know it's a very low k's bike, so I might bid on it yet. Anyway, a bit OT, but suffice to say, hopefully I'll have something sorted for my yearly Jan/Feb trips to PI, which should mean it's setup the way I want it for the AGM.I might post another topic as I've got a couple of theories that have been challenged after my off.

I can't wait to get back on the MT, John, in fact I'm starting to wonder if the fact that I'm bristling to get back on has helped my mind in my physical recovery! Maybe another spare in a more relaxed style than a streetfighter might help even more.....Don't know if I can order an Indian Classic from the local mobility store :grin but I doubt I could sneak an Indian past Lindy as lift chair :think1

atoyot

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 07:58:28 PM »
Just about all sorted now. InsureMyRide have been brilliant to deal with, but maybe I should hold that praise until their cheque is in my hand. Just waiting for it all to go through, but I've bought the wreck as a part of the settlement, and I couldn't be happier. That means I can strip the bits that I need off as required, and install them on the replacement bike   :slvr13 at my leisure.

Also, I'll have to set the towbar and wiring up again, as 2 weeks before I wrote my 03 off, I picked up an Aluma trailer in Melbourne. A thing of beauty it is too!

Can't wait till '14!

Andrew

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 09:20:36 PM »
Just about all sorted now. InsureMyRide have been brilliant to deal with, but maybe I should hold that praise until their cheque is in my hand. Just waiting for it all to go through, but I've bought the wreck as a part of the settlement, and I couldn't be happier. That means I can strip the bits that I need off as required, and install them on the replacement bike   :slvr13 at my leisure.

Also, I'll have to set the towbar and wiring up again, as 2 weeks before I wrote my 03 off, I picked up an Aluma trailer in Melbourne. A thing of beauty it is too!

Can't wait till '14!

Andrew

hey guys i split this topic out on its own so it didnt take over the national rally conversation  :thumb
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline HOFFY

• ST Legend
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2013, 11:00:44 PM »
Phew, I thought the young bloke had got another bike and gone out on his own again when I read the heading.

Offline DaleMcLean

• It's just me ;-)
Re: OzSTOC Rider Down (atoyot)
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2013, 05:17:52 AM »
 :OldMan

get well Andrew and I'll see you in January  :thumb
I may ride a Ducati, but I've rode lots of (other peoples :-) ) ST's

What I do www.DMME.com.au and www.StarCom1.com.au