Author Topic: Yet Another Pair of Boots  (Read 22 times)

Online ruSTynutz

• NR2024 Rally Team
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
Yet Another Pair of Boots
« on: May 31, 2024, 08:51:35 AM »
I popped into the AMX store at Lynbrook last Saturday and got looking at boots... :whistle

While I really didn't need yet another pair of boots, I had been thinking about some lightweight sneaker style boots for a while.
I thought they'd be a bit more suitable for getting around on the bike locally instead of just wearing "runners", which obviously offer very little protection.
Anyhow, I got interested in the ARGON SNK-R boot: https://youtu.be/0_Xdv309RjY?si=h67T_2fcDhfJI6Gc
These have an interesting setup for fastening them.
You simply turn a knob and they tighten up to the shape of your foot.
Turn the knob in the opposite direction and they instantly loosen.

This sounded like a great idea as I normally struggle to put on my regular bike boots due to my lack of flexibility.
Unfortunately, AMX didn't have a pair in my size, but I did try the next size down and while they were a bit snug, the ease of doing them up and undoing them was a winner in my book...
And just in case I needed any more convincing, it just happened that Saturday the 25th of May was "Starlight Day" with Argon products 20% off!  :runyay
It was obviously meant to be!  :grin

So, after buttering up Sue I ordered a pair online and they turned up today...  :thumbs

Probably my only concern about them is, how long will the "lacing" system last...I guess time will tell.  :X

2005 Honda ST1300A