General Category > General Discussion

Zero test ride

(1/2) > >>

Jdbiker:
Took a Zero sr/f electric motorcycle for a test ride this morning and I have to say I am impressed, the power and acceleration is amazing, and I only had it in economy and standard mode, regeneration braking ( engine braking) was great too, hardly used the brakes. Would I have one, definitely, but at $45k it’s not affordable. But as more manufacturers enter the market,  prices will drop,  and we are sure to see a lot more electric motorcycles on the road in the future .
Good news, my Transalp has arrived at the dealership and should be uncrated and assembled on Monday, so hoping to have it by Tuesday.
Ride safe and stay well.
Cheers.
Jd.

Bodø:
Where did you test ride that (ie. who stocks them)?  I'd never heard of either of them before.  Probably not related, but the helmet I used in Japan was made my a company called Zero.

Jdbiker:
Peter Stevens Ringwood had a demo day. I think Zero is an American company based in California and was started by an ex NASA engineer. I initially thought they were Japanese with the “Zero” name.

ruSTynutz:
I think Zero electric motorcycles were available some years back but then they pulled the pin and withdrew from the Australian market.

I guess they are back!

Maybe with Peter Stevens behind them they'll do better...👍

Williamson:
Cheaper models available as well. Would be a fun little runabout, cheap commuter.

https://www.bikesales.com.au/bikes/details/2023-zero-ds-7-2/OAG-AD-23131826/?Cr=1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version