Author Topic: Front & Rear Camera  (Read 2574 times)

Offline Max

• PanManPerth
    • PanManPerth
Front & Rear Camera
« on: January 04, 2015, 02:48:05 PM »
Hi Guys

Thought you might be interested in my font and rear permanent camera fixture. I have added some pics for you to see the setup. Any comments are welcome

Offline Totgas

• Legendary Member
  • Everything is improved with "Flashing lights"
Re: Front & Rear Camera
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 03:35:57 PM »
Resolution and brand? Any quick videos showing output would also be appreciated.
Thanks,

A.
I acknowledge hardworking Australians no matter who they are or where they come from. All those who have contributed to this wonderful country deserve an equal share of gratitude for their contributions. To single any group of individuals out for special homage only denigrates the rest of us.

Offline Max

• PanManPerth
    • PanManPerth
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 10:47:59 AM »
Hi

Got the camera off ebay from China, it does not have a brand (assuming they sell it for retailers to put their own brand on) It cost approx $265 inc shipping. The unit itself it fairly well built, the quality of the video is excellent however some of the menu options just make no sense in the software so I guess something got lost in the translation to english.

Camera is full HD 1080p

Here is my youtube videos about the camera I made last year, in this video I discussed mounting it to my helmet, I have since put a drift ghost camera on the helmet and have put the china one on the bike.

Max

Offline tj189

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 09:05:50 PM »
I am actually going to go down this road myself (pun intended). Have the cameras and recorder ready to go, just need to install.  Not sure I would put anything in the pie warmer though as it tends to get very hot in there.
IBA #38035
FarRider #189
Ulysses #42456

Offline Max

• PanManPerth
    • PanManPerth
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 09:08:58 PM »
I am actually going to go down this road myself (pun intended). Have the cameras and recorder ready to go, just need to install.  Not sure I would put anything in the pie warmer though as it tends to get very hot in there.

I have had the unit in there for up to six hours and although it's hot when I take it out I have had no real issues.I have the box lined with a soft cloth, don.t know if this helps or not.

max

Offline Totgas

• Legendary Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 09:18:50 PM »
Great - thanks.
Two more questions.....
1. How long does the battery last
2. Whats the storage capacity and
3. Can you charge the battery whilst recording?

Thanks,
A.
I acknowledge hardworking Australians no matter who they are or where they come from. All those who have contributed to this wonderful country deserve an equal share of gratitude for their contributions. To single any group of individuals out for special homage only denigrates the rest of us.

Offline Max

• PanManPerth
    • PanManPerth
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 09:23:00 PM »
Great - thanks.
Two more questions.....
1. How long does the battery last
2. Whats the storage capacity and
3. Can you charge the battery whilst recording?

Thanks,
A.

1: I get more than 6 hours out the battery
2: It holds a 32gig SD Card (The larger size one)
3: Yes but I think if it is only of Vehicle record mode ie: when it overwrites every 10minutes or whatever you set it to. I don't charge whilst driving as the unit has never run out when I have been driving.

Max

Offline Totgas

• Legendary Member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 06:57:17 PM »
Thank you - Great unit, although none available on e-bay currently.
A.

Offline Max

• PanManPerth
    • PanManPerth
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 08:16:09 PM »
Thank you - Great unit, although none available on e-bay currently.
A.

No worries Totgas.... :like