Author Topic: Screaming Banshee horn installation  (Read 3134 times)

Offline Max

• PanManPerth
    • PanManPerth
Screaming Banshee horn installation
« on: January 05, 2015, 10:56:28 AM »
Hi Guys

Fitted a screaming banshee horn to my ST1100 a couple of months ago, have a look

Max

Offline saaz

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Canberra ACT
Re: Screaming Banshee horn installation
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 11:44:54 AM »
Very effective!
John
(Ridden on and forever in our hearts)
1996 Honda ST1100P
2014 Triumph Trophy SE
Ozstoc, STOC #7239, Farrider #461 Ulysses #061681, IBA #59143 and some others

Offline spanner

• Blue is better .... apparently
  • NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • legend in my own match box.
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 03:01:21 PM »
that looks cool .

I particularly like the fact that the lights flash as well to provide the visual aspect.
F.R. #905

I.B.A. # 63008

I acknowledge the Bindal and Wulgurukaba traditional custodians of this Australian land that I work, live and play on, and pay my respect to their cultures, their ancestors and to the elders, past, present and all future generations.

Offline Max

• PanManPerth
    • PanManPerth
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 03:12:49 PM »
that looks cool .

I particularly like the fact that the lights flash as well to provide the visual aspect.

Yes its part of the setup, you can set a 1/4 or 1/2 second of normal horn before the air horn comes in and have the main beam flash or not. The idea of the 1/4 or 1/2 second normal horn is to keep a "friendly" horn as well as a "get out the f'n way" one.

I have had the unit a couple of months and have had to use it twice to alert cars that have tried to pull out on me, so as far as I am concerned it's a life saver  :wht11

Max

Offline Piet

• Caroline Springs, Victoria.
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 08:12:33 PM »
Very nice effect.  As you say it could be a life saver.  I bet the pillion gets a fright too.
Rides:
ST1100P 2004 Darkside
VTX1800C 2008 V&H pipes (sold)

Offline Max

• PanManPerth
    • PanManPerth
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 08:27:01 PM »
Very nice effect.  As you say it could be a life saver.  I bet the pillion gets a fright too.

Yes it wakes them up!!!! WOW:

Offline Piet

• Caroline Springs, Victoria.
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 08:52:58 PM »
Hi Max,  A few of questions.  Did you purchase it in Australia or import it from the US?  The small LED flasher ... was this mounted on the crash bar through the cover?  Are you happy with the LED flasher?  Is this all it used for or does it also provide supplemental lighting?  Was this a local purchase?

Regards, Piet
Rides:
ST1100P 2004 Darkside
VTX1800C 2008 V&H pipes (sold)

Offline Max

• PanManPerth
    • PanManPerth
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 09:03:31 PM »
Hi Max,  A few of questions.  Did you purchase it in Australia or import it from the US?  The small LED flasher ... was this mounted on the crash bar through the cover?  Are you happy with the LED flasher?  Is this all it used for or does it also provide supplemental lighting?  Was this a local purchase?

Regards, Piet

Hi Piet
I bought the unit in Australia from Victory I think, however after I installed it I had a problem with the horn jamming on. It turned out to one of a bad batch. In the end the manufacturer in the US made me a new replacement with an extra diode installed to prevent this happening again. The lights on the crash bars are fitted through the cover on to the existing brackets as my bike is ex Police. The lights are wired to come on with the main beam switch so they come on when the horn is pressed. This function can be turned off with the screaming banshee. I fitted the lights prior to fitting the banshee as I live in the bush and needed some extra lights at night when returning home in the dark.

Apart from the initial problem, which I have just put down to bad luck, the new unit has been great. If I was to be in a position to purchase another one I would buy it direct from the US as there is not much difference in price. Only because sometimes shipping from overseas is quicker to WA than from the Eastern States...Go Figure

Max