Author Topic: Lost of Licence  (Read 1529 times)

Pinkteflon

Lost of Licence
« on: May 21, 2018, 10:07:04 PM »
12 months ago 20/5/2017, I went on my very first RTE to Dookie in Vic. Such a lovely day meeting up with other OzSToc riders. Saturday night stayed in Broadford at a friends house. Sunday decided to give the freeway a miss, and traveled through Strath Creek, Flowerdale, Glenburn then to Yarra Glen. Most motorcycle riders in Melbourne would know this route, After travelling many kms behind a Sunday driver, I saw my big chance to pass this person, broken lines at last (Dixon Creek) Opened up the throttle, passed the car, the next thing I see is an unmark police car snaking down a private driveway.(you know the ones, where they hide on the other side of a cutting so the traffic travelling the otherway cannot see then, so no flashing headlights) I pulled over straight away thinking they might let me off. How wrong I was, I was doing 133ks in a 80 zone 53 over the limit, thought it was a 100 zone $800 fine 8 points and lost of licence for 12 months. Luckly I only had one point on my licence otherwise I could have lost it for many more months. It was today 12 months ago I was booked, 28 days to go as they give you 28 days to sort out your life without a licence, really hanging out for the next RTE. Not to mension about going out somewhere without the wife driving. I think the wife needs to go on a holiday, as I'm not the best passenger, although I'm sure she's a better driver now LOL. By the Way my 8 points I recieve for speeding doesn't start till I get my licence back.

The following users thanked this post: Jdbiker

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
Re: Lost of Licence
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 12:59:06 AM »
Wow! Tough year!!  Sorry you now have to age those 8 points- that seems like a compounding of the penalty.  It makes it a 4 year sentence.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Online Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 01:01:56 AM »
Ouch, but also congrats on getting back on the bike :grin

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)

Offline Sicman

• RTE Coordinator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Was here when the lights got turned on :-)
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 10:15:43 AM »
Good to hear you are out riding again  :thumb
Cheers
Tony
FarRider 802
NatRally's - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 202🤬, 2🤬21, 2021/22 Black Dog bit me, 2023
Experience trumps assumption :-)

Offline curious1

• ST Legend
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 07:14:28 PM »
12 months ago 20/5/2017, I went on my very first RTE to Dookie in Vic. Such a lovely day meeting up with other OzSToc riders. Saturday night stayed in Broadford at a friends house. Sunday decided to give the freeway a miss, and traveled through Strath Creek, Flowerdale, Glenburn then to Yarra Glen. Most motorcycle riders in Melbourne would know this route, After travelling many kms behind a Sunday driver, I saw my big chance to pass this person, broken lines at last (Dixon Creek) Opened up the throttle, passed the car, the next thing I see is an unmark police car snaking down a private driveway.(you know the ones, where they hide on the other side of a cutting so the traffic travelling the otherway cannot see then, so no flashing headlights) I pulled over straight away thinking they might let me off. How wrong I was, I was doing 133ks in a 80 zone 53 over the limit, thought it was a 100 zone $800 fine 8 points and lost of licence for 12 months. Luckly I only had one point on my licence otherwise I could have lost it for many more months. It was today 12 months ago I was booked, 28 days to go as they give you 28 days to sort out your life without a licence, really hanging out for the next RTE. Not to mension about going out somewhere without the wife driving. I think the wife needs to go on a holiday, as I'm not the best passenger, although I'm sure she's a better driver now LOL. By the Way my 8 points I recieve for speeding doesn't start till I get my licence back.

You should consider relocating to the ACT. Much gentler treatment for unlucky MC riders. You get a second live and purgatory only last 6 month but you still ride in this time. But gently.
ST1300
NC750
E-Bikes
Pedal bikes
Uni-cycle