Author Topic: HELP! Radiator flush gone wrong, snap crackle and POP!  (Read 9392 times)

Offline AliSTair

Re: HELP! Radiator flush gone wrong, snap crackle and POP!
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2015, 10:13:48 AM »
just read this which suggests the hose you have will be more than adequate.

http://koczarski.com/mmartin/Pressure.htm

Offline alans1100

• 1999 ST1100A
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Alan, Peterborough, SA
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2015, 10:22:26 AM »
Here's a link to a Honda dealer with online parts list and prices. You'll need to use the search function on the LH side of the page. Use the prices as a guide as to what your local dealer may charge. http://www.bluecitymotorcycles.com.au/home
1999 :bl11  2004 :13Candy

FarRider #921- BR15, BR17, CR1

Offline Panman50

• Panman50
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2015, 07:28:06 PM »
Hey there Steve, Tony (Sicman) may have had it with the air pocket heating up.
Double check the service manual to see if there is a proper refill process. You may need to bleed the system like new cars to get all the air out before capping.
Regards, Tom.
Regards,
Tom, aka Panman50.

Offline SteveR

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2015, 12:26:05 PM »
G'day Guys,

Sorry I haven't posted back here sooner, life has been giving me a bit of a  ++ up the ol'  :butt recently!

So, I priced OEM parts through Peter Stevens, the two hoses were around $30 & $40 each, and he couldn't get any in.  Thermostat was around $90, and he couldn't get one in... So I just went with what I had, made sure the hoses didn't have any serious bends, I'm pretty hopeful I'm got it all right.

For the answer to the million dollar question: 'Why did the hose blow out...' the outlet from the thermostat housing to the recovery bottle was blocked tight with crud, to the point where I had to employ drill to make a hole to get some wire through.  I'm presuming this only happened after the flush, as I'd been riding with no dramas up until then, including a couple longish runs on pretty warm days.

Thanks for the input and advise, now on to working out why the fan died not long after getting it back on the road  :||||
"Not all those who wander are lost"