Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Farkles and Gear General Section

ST1100 Dash Shelf

(1/12) > >>

Nick:
I have on order a dash shelf for my 1100 from cal sport touring in the US however I have been waiting almost two months for this as they have had to get more made by their supplier. They haven't seemed overly sure about when the new stock will arrive each time I have called to enquire. I am keen to get a shelf sorted within the next couple weeks so I can mount my new gps unit. Does anyone have the measurements required to make one or even more likely to give to a fabricator to get one made? I am sure I could figure it out however I think I might try to get this info  from those who may have done this before. Cheers  :)

Streak:
http://www.casporttouring.com/cst/motorcycle/st1100_bodfen/172.html

Is the link for the shelf,  looks very good I must say!

STRay (Roo Killer):
 :thumbsup

Yep 'tis a goodly one. I have one myself, bought a few years ago from same people.

:well If I ever get my bike back from the workshop ( 3 weeks so far to get a replacement for a faulty tyre! :o||| ), I will take it off and measure  it up for you.

Nick:
Thanks for the offer Ray but I have managed to create a template that I gave to a plastic fabricator yesterday. Will have a shelf made from ABS plastic next week. Really happy with the template. Hope the final product  turns out as I imagine. Wouldn't you know it though. I received an email this morning to say that my dash shelf on order has been posted. Might have an extra shelf for sale but will see how it turns out.

Nick:
Dash Shelf complete. 2 actually. One made from 4.5mm ABS and the other from 3mm. I attached the thicker one to my bike and after around 1200K's of riding am reasonably happy. Will have to make the minor mod of attaching a stabiliser bar to the bottom as it did shake a little. Ram mount for aqua box also added. Still waiting on the cal sport touring model to arrive... See the GPS thread for pics of the shelf fitted...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version