Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Farkles and Gear General Section

Open Face/Full face helmets

(1/27) > >>

Streak:
Well I have decided my KBC Full face has had it's day, and I want a new helmet.

I want a flip face, but there seems to be a quite a few options out there, the Shark evoline, the RJAYS tourtech, HJC Symax, to name a couple

What are everyone's thoughts, experiences, and/or reccomendations?

Cheers

Streak

STeveo:
I definatly like the flip up type, but they do have a bit more wind noise. I use an english made Nitro F317 that I bought from the motorcycle discount place at Yatala. Fitted my bumps straight away, has removable liner and I find comfortable all day.

:bl11

Brock:
A flip front is what I use, with an internal flip down sun shield.

Its an RJs tourtech. May look at a Shark evoline next.

Wild Rose:

Streak

I am also looking at getting a new flipface helmet. I have not had much of a chance to look around.
I have had a Nolan N102 flip face for nearly 5 years which has been a good helmet a bit noiser than the ordanary full face
but not to bad behind the big ST screen which is good.
I will be looking at the new Nolan flipface which now has the sun visor under the screen. Shark Evoline 2 which has addressed some of the wind noise problem they had with them. Looking forward to other members comet who may have purchased a new helmet recently

Leo

saaz:
I have an early HJC Symax and a Shark Evoline (it says a 1 but inside has bits of a 2)  In some ways I still prefer the HJC as it is roomier and has a larger view port, so easier to scan around, and a bit more space to my chin.  The Evoline is a snugger fit and seems to fog up more, but it is easy to slightly crack open the visor. It is still a bit tight on the forehead. Probably quieter than the HJC, but HJC have new models out.  The Evoline 2 should be better.  I use earplugs all the time so don't worry about any noise difference.  An internal sunvisor is a great feature - a pity mine broke in the Shark on the Border run when I really needed it.  The main advantage of the shark is that it is a true open face helmet when you want it, and is rated as such. The HJC should not really be ridden with the front flipped up, as it is not crash rated for that.

I would advise trying some on first as the one you decide on might not fit properly.  I tried a Nolan bit it did not fit my head shape.

I should have mentioned that both of my flips just happened to be bought at half price or less for one reason or another.  If I was paying full price I would consider going the extra step up to the new Shoei, but I have not tried one on. I use to not have a Shoei shaped head, but that was many years ago.

You may have already checked out www.webbikeworld.com for their assessments

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version