Honda ST1300 Section > Suspension ST1300

Rear shock preload

<< < (2/3) > >>

spanner:
I wonder if this is why my bike feels so close to the ground.

I have to have 100% level ground for my side stand to work with out tipping over ..... or a slope to the side the side stand is on.

This might also help with steering as well??

Gatey:
Post a pic Spanner.

Goes without saying if your rear end is sitting much too low then your rake angle has been altered as a result. If the rake angle is being compromised then everything about the bikes handling will be different and not always apparent.

For the rear end to be so low as to affect the side stand more needs to be investigated. Starting with the side stand itself.

The most obvious thing with the pre load recharge was stance and no slumping once I got on.
I've just finished putting all the other shock adjustments back to STD. Over the weekend If Im feeling well enough I'll ride it and set the show up for me.
Seems the last owner tried to amend the preload issue by cranking it on as far as it felt ok then hardened up the damping.

spanner:
will try and get some pics and measurements.

Cheers,

Spanner

Brock:
Its entirely possible that teh previous owner may have replaced the shock with a slightly shorter version, maybe even to lower the seat height. Or the shock has collapsed. even.

spanner:
Just took it into get a safety cert today.

Definitly no issue with the shock being bad.

do you remember Blue Honda?  Thos is his old 1100.

Was he ..... erm..... shorter in the leg than most?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version