Author Topic: WAG's Right Foot in the Ocean Trip  (Read 1443 times)

Offline ST.George

• ST.George and his ST1300 Red Dragon (Wyvern)
  • Legendary Member
  • DIY not DYI(Do Yourself In) "The Gong"Southern NSW
WAG's Right Foot in the Ocean Trip
« on: June 23, 2013, 06:03:23 PM »
G'day STriders,

Finally got round to this post about West Aussie Glen's "Right Foot in the Ocean" trip around Australia.

I was going to meet Glen at Middleton where we were going to share a room but I didn't quite make it that far. Glen won the award for longest distance travelled to get to Middleton. 7 days riding!

After Middleton Glen flew back to Perth and left his Goldwing in Melbourne I think. Cupla weeks later he flew back again and headed north to Sydney making every practical effort to stay as close to the East coast as possible. On his way Glen dropped in at my place in the Gong.

After a cuppa tea and a piece of cake we headed for Sydney via The Royal National Park. On the way we stopped at Bald Hill at Stanwell Tops - a very popular place for hang-gliders and motorcyclists.

The bloke on the right tapped me on the shoulder and said "I like your jacket mate". Turning around I saw he was wearing the same jacket as mine. Mine is about 22 years old whereas his might be a lot older or just used a lot more.

The guy's name is Laurie and I think he said he was 80 years old. Asked how many bikes he's owned he said well in excess of 100 with about 20 at home at the time. His current ride is this Kwakka 750 cafe racer:

We then rode through the Royal National Park and parted company. Glen headed off to visit relatives and then fly back to Perth before returning to Sydney to continue his trip up the east coast to meet his wife in Cairns. Complicated trip I hear u saying but Glen had his reasons for doing the trip this way. Good luck to him. I'm sure one day WAG will post a ride report that will be an amazing read.
:beer Cheers :beer Gregory
:rd13   Best Bred is Red   :rd13
"Spock - there's a black hole on the other side of Uranus".
"Illogical Captain".
I think I might be indecisive, I'm not sure, maybe - maybe not.
Yamaha TX500; Yamaha DT360; BMW 650 Boxer; 2003 ST1300 Red Dragon

Online Diesel

• Administrator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
Re: WAG's Right Foot in the Ocean Trip
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 08:27:05 AM »
Well that was a great little read Gregory.

Thanks for the update and pics.      :thumbs

Glen is a lucky guy - his MC adventures could fill a few volumes presumably.      :eek        :-++

Cheers, Diesel
FarRider #416   IBA #55491  
OzSTOC Life Member
:candystwheelie       www.dieselst1300.blogspot.com.au

Offline tj189

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Brisbane
Re: WAG's Right Foot in the Ocean Trip
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 05:09:18 PM »
thanks for the resd and photos :beer
IBA #38035
FarRider #189