Author Topic: Bad roads  (Read 1496 times)

Offline curious1

• ST Legend
Bad roads
« on: September 04, 2014, 08:02:02 PM »
Went for round trip to Braidwood and via Nerriga rd to Nowra and Kangaroo valley back home. The road from Braidwood to Nerriga is shockingly bad and I only can warn you to use it. A member of this forum I spoke about this was aware of the condition and I would like to suggest to have a topic pinned to the top with a list of roads to avoid. Recently on a trip to Wee Jasper the road was patch repaired with a lot of small pepples glued with some bitumen to cracks and that was not much fun to ride either but this would only be a temporally impairment.
ST1300
NC750
E-Bikes
Pedal bikes
Uni-cycle

Offline jwm

• ST Legend
Re: Bad roads
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 01:19:56 PM »
So does that mean that there is still about 23kms of dirt between Nerriga and Braidwood???????

I haven't ridden it in a couple of years, it can be either good, immediately after it's been graded, or extremely bad, when it hasn't been graded for a while. And those logging trucks that use it make it even more treacherous.

Offline curious1

• ST Legend
Re: Bad roads
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 02:18:22 PM »
There are more hurdels then that. 2 graders plying the road and making walls between left and right lanes and sometimes I had to cross them. An ST does not like the soft stuff at all. But I found that most bikies know about it anyway' It's just a novice like me what get cought. You live and learn.
ST1300
NC750
E-Bikes
Pedal bikes
Uni-cycle