Author Topic: Hose replacement costs  (Read 1284 times)

Offline WizFizzle

• ST Legend
Hose replacement costs
« on: July 22, 2020, 10:28:47 PM »
Hi all,
I'm located up in Townsville and my 03 St1300 has got 119xxxkms on it. Runs well but doesn't have a service history unfortunately so I'm looking to build it for peace of mind and resale value (not that I'm planning on selling it anytime soon). I'm looking at the cost to have all lines replaced that may now be hard as they could be original. I'm handy enough on tools but I feel this job will be better done by someone with a bit more experience with bikes so just seeing what the quotes would be to get all engine lines replaced.
Cheers
Shaun

Offline Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
Re: Hose replacement costs
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 11:35:29 PM »
I dont think hose replacement is too much of a problem. Most of have only replaced hoses that have been damaged due to doing other maintenance.

The brake and clutch lines last for ever.
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Offline DavidP

• ST13 fan, near Toowoomba, Qld
Re: Hose replacement costs
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 07:47:47 PM »
I dont think hose replacement is too much of a problem. Most of have only replaced hoses that have been damaged due to doing other maintenance.

The brake and clutch lines last for ever.
+1 on that, had a 23 year old bike (1973 Suzuki gt750) when i was much younger that the brake lines were still in excellent condition, and it was housed outside for a lot of it's life.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

:slvr13 in style
2008 ST1300, Carbon fender extender, blinker/mirror mod, switchback indicators, diy wiring/jump start harness, heated grips, diy swing-arm/shock protector, insulated fairing pockets, diy led spots