Honda ST1100 Section > "How To..." Instructions and Pics for Regular Maintenance Jobs specific to the ST1100...

pendle parking break instalation for ST1100. . ....

(1/4) > >>

spanner:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCPPaNXOihg

Be warned ........ awesome video skills

Shiney:
Awesome work mate, the video was easy to follow and covers the install nicely :thumbs

Gerard & Sandra:
Spanner
Thanks. good effort and timing as i ordered one yesterday from Tony.
Regards
Gerard Beard

TonyWorrall:
Hello Dave
Just watched your video - a brilliant piece of work - doing the assembly with one hand and videoing with the other.
I wish that I had not made the error of leaving the locking pin too long, I actually have a special gauge to check this but failed to do so on my last batch. I should not make excuses but I had a rush of ST1100 orders just before Christmas and ran out of stock. Spent a couple of days in a freezing cold garage making the last batch of 10.
It was this last batch that I made the mistake and dispatched about 3 - 4 of these faulty ones before I got a complaint from a guy in the USA.
Initially I thought the guy must have done something wrong as I have supplied hundreds of these without any problems.
Having a remaining stock of 7 on my desk I checked them all. OH SHIT - everyone was oversize by 1.5mm to 2.0mm.
To say I was gutted is an understatement.
I immediately sent the guy a replacement and emailed the other 2 about the error ( you being one of them ) offering a replacement.
You kindly saved me a lot of money by modifying your own - THANK YOU so much - it costs me over £5 just for postage to Oz.
I think the other person put a small washer between the brake mating faces rather than remove the 2mm. I think your modification is better as the washer will reduce the number of threads that the locknut has to secure the assembly.
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and congratulations on a superb video.

I noticed that in the process of modification a small amount of paint was removed.

As a token of my appreciation for the way you tried to make everything ok and producing a video as well, I have today put a new complete replacement in the post to you (keep the old one with my compliments). If you do a new video with someone else doing the camera work you could use the replacement brake to make life a bit simpler.

Perhaps you have a mate who could use your old one after doing a bit of touch up paint work.

Thanks again

Kind regards
Tony

spanner:
Tony,

thanks for those words.

No need what so ever to send another.

Your constant comunication with me and email apologies were more than sufficient.

I have no hesitations what so ever in recomending this product and your service.

fast, honest and brilliant comunications.

save it and be happy that i am very happy.

cheers

spanner.   ++

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version