Author Topic: Powerlet Stearing Head Electrical Connector  (Read 2337 times)

Offline Whizz

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Paul. Ipswich, QLD.
    • Instrumented Control Solutions Pty Ltd
Powerlet Stearing Head Electrical Connector
« on: March 13, 2012, 02:14:29 PM »
Gents,
I have been in touch with Bluerim asking whether they have any Powerlet Steering head connectors (P/N PKT-079) in stock, and below is their reply;

Thank you for your enquiry.  We carry pretty much 80% of the Powerlet range, except for bike specific leads... (such as the one you’ve mentioned).  We don’t get a lot of enquiries for bike specific leads, as most people get by with the generic ones.

However... that lead is unique for the Honda ST and it looks pretty good from the pictures, so I can understand why you might be interested in it.

We have regular deliveries from Powerlet, so if you would like, I can arrange for one to be included in our next shipment.  However we are just about to receive a shipment from Powerlet, so it might be a 2-4 weeks before we get another.

I can arrange this lead for you if you can wait, or you can always order it directly from powerlet."

So the question is, before I go and order one does anyone else want one? I have asked Bluerim if we can get a good price dependent on quantity but have not yet got an answer.

Cheers
Whizz
 :13Candy

Cheers,
Paul
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is!!
Red, 2004, ST 1300A

Offline Whizz

• Paul. Ipswich, QLD.
    • Instrumented Control Solutions Pty Ltd
Re: Powerlet Stearing Head Electrical Connector
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 02:27:46 PM »
...further to the above, here is the response I got from Bluerim regarding prices etc.

At this stage I would say I can do them for $45 each or better (inc.GST) not including postage, which would be about $5 -$8

I don’t normally know the exact pricing until I receive our shipping costs for each shipment.  But I’ll definitely make it worth your while.

Might be worth getting together to do a single order.

Cheers all

Whizz
Cheers,
Paul
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is!!
Red, 2004, ST 1300A

Offline Malcolm6112

• Legendary Member
  • Armadale WA
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 08:32:10 PM »
It looks like a good idea.

Now you have seen a picture of the product do you think you could get it cheaper if you made it yourself?
Socket, 15amp cable, fuse holder and four terminals. By the looks of things you will have to bore a hole in the cover, that's not a big issue
On the other hand you can get bar raisers with a plug already. I never thought I would use/ like them. Get a set and wow.

It looks like a socket and a piece of cable with a fuse. Std socket PS-001 $16.00. Or PSO-007 includes cable and socket, still only $24.00. Even if you cut off the plastic plug and solder more cable onto the tail, it still works out cheaper that $45.00

I like to investigate things, sorry to put a damper on things. My Scottish heritage has made me frugal.  :whistle

:blu13
Malcolm
2004  ST1300A

Farrider 518
IBA       58213

Offline Couch

• Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 10:15:54 PM »
I've previously brought direct from Powerlet and received the items in just over a week. :)
There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!

terrydj

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 08:05:13 AM »
No idea about that really good Powerlet stuff.  But for maybe $10.00 I picked up a  waterproof cigarette lighter socket, from Super Cheap, and its been onthe bike since I got it without a problem. Never mounted it in one of the pockets as I need them for my stuff and if they have stuff in em, I have to empty the things to plug into the socket :think1
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 08:06:47 AM by terrydj »

Offline Malcolm6112

• Legendary Member
  • Armadale WA
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 07:42:36 PM »
The major advantage of powerlet is that it is a positive connection. Cig lighters wobble and can be knocked out of position. Powerlet or BMW style plugs, as they are sometimes called click in "solid". No wobbling of the plug.

A far better system to work with.

:blu13
Malcolm
2004  ST1300A

Farrider 518
IBA       58213

terrydj

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 08:45:38 PM »
Never knew that. But I suppose if it came loose???? I could always push it back in 8)

Offline Sicman

• RTE Coordinator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Was here when the lights got turned on :-)
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 08:06:57 PM »
I ordered my riser with powerlet installed off MCL ( Motor Cycle Larry.com) They have a small range for gear that suits ST1100 & ST1300's

It feeds direct from the battery and gives me a second power feed option, other than the OEM one in the heated glove box.

The bottom screw is removed and a ramball is installed in it for the Zumo satnav
Cheers
Tony
FarRider 802
NatRally's - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 202🤬, 2🤬21, 2021/22 Black Dog bit me, 2023, 2024
Experience trumps assumption :-)