Honda ST1300 Section > Ask A Tech about your Honda ST1300

Overheating issue

<< < (4/4)

Langers:
108km round trip with a mixture of windy country roads, freeway and lumpy 3rd rate goat tracks covered with a patchwork of bitumen that makes up an increasing percentage of our non-urban road network here in SA.
No discernable issues, the Honda ran as all Hondas do (mostly), smoothly and reliably. I suspect there might be some hiccups if the fuel gauge level drops below 2 bars, possibly with cavitation so I might revisit the installation a bit later on - I've kept the plastic bucket and stainless steel for that purpose.
In summary, not a particularly difficult job, it cost $181 Aus and realistically would take 1 to 2 hours. The important bit is to get the fuel level down so there's nothing in the top tank. I got down to 57km left according to the dash readout and when I opened the bottom tank it seemed about 1/2 full. I'm guessing but I reckon if I got a service centre to do the job I'd be looking at say $350 including parts. I've printed out the detailed instructions written by a US ST owner which I can post if anyone wants a copy.
Cheers ... Mark

Shiney:
Awesome work Langers :clap :clap :clap
Please do post the instructions along with any notes you have from your install in the "How To..." section :thumbsup

http://ozstoc.com/index.php?board=52.0

Cheers
Shiney

Langers:
 :thumbs Done

Cheers ... Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version