Honda ST1300 Section > Tyres...to suit your ST1300

Tires (again) 180/70/17

(1/1)

BM Brian:
Given that Michelin no longer sell the 170/70/17  GT' s has anyone fitted a 180 section to their bike, I don't care about speedo error as I use GPS, I am only interested as to whether they fit in the swing arm and are there any adverse handling issues.

cheers BM Brian

ruSTynutz:
I asked the same question a while back and I think someone did respond (or I read it elsewhere) and they said that it will fit with no issues...  :thumbs

Just be aware that the tyre is a slightly smaller diameter, so you'll be pulling a few extra revs for a given speed...also, the speedo will be even more up the creek!

Instead of relying on a gps for the correct speed (with its lag), I'd be fitting a speedo healer....

Williamson:

--- Quote from: ruSTynutz on July 01, 2023, 03:50:06 PM ---.... a speedo healer....

--- End quote ---

Speaking of which, the new ST1300 has a speedo healer.  Checked it against the iPhone speedo app, it's spot on through a range of speeds.

ruSTynutz:
Bonus!  :clap

DavidP:
I had 180s on my st13, and didn't notice any diff in handling (mind you, rear shock was also shot). fitted easily and plenty of clearance.  That was angel gt, but I have gone back to pilots (stock sizes) as I preferred their handling over the angels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version