Welcome - Getting started & FAQs - Read Here First... > Introduce Yourself & Your Bike

New owner, north Central Victoria

(1/7) > >>

prricey:
Hi all,

New owner from Alexandra in Victoria here. Bought my 2002 ST recently for commuting twice a week to South Morang. Have already done 4,000kms plus in the first two months. Just loving the bike. The only change I want to make is to retrofit an electric screen, as mine isn't.

Anyway, ride safe and hit me up if you're wrecking an ST and have the bits for the electric screen lying around  ;-*

ruSTynutz:
A big welcome from South Gippsland, Victoria...  :beer

Williamson:

--- Quote from: prricey on March 04, 2024, 12:32:27 PM ---Hi all,

New owner from Alexandra in Victoria here. Bought my 2002 ST recently for commuting twice a week to South Morang. Have already done 4,000kms plus in the first two months. Just loving the bike. The only change I want to make is to retrofit an electric screen, as mine isn't.

Anyway, ride safe and hit me up if you're wrecking an ST and have the bits for the electric screen lying around  ;-*

--- End quote ---

Hi Pricey, welcome to OzSTOC.

I commuted to and from South Morang for the past 24 years, but not as far as you (only from St Helena) and only on the ST1300 a handful of times.  But not any more, I've just retired.

Anyways, Alexandra, ie. next door to the OzTOC National Rally 2024 at Mansfield, on the weekend 15 to 17 March 2024.  Whilst it's too late to register and get a rally pack (T-Shirt, patch & pin), it's not too late to attend.  There'll be approx. 50 to 60 attend the Meet & Greet on the Friday afternoon / evening at the High Country Holiday Park, and similar numbers at the dinner and awards presentation on the Saturday evening at the Mansfield Hotel - details on the many threads on this link: https://ozstoc.com/index.php?board=30.0 

In addition to the NatRally, we have an RTE each month, details are posted about a month prior, although some (like the NatRally and another to Balranald in May) are posted two or three months ahead.   Here's are summary for 2024:

Re. the ST1300 screen, there was a similar question just yesterday, he was my answer:

--- Quote from: Williamson on March 03, 2024, 06:27:54 PM ---My adjustable screen needed a fix a while back, the mechanism is a piece of art, but a poorly designed piece of art.  It seems over complicated and engineered in some aspects, with what appears to be some fixes, probably due to some design failures.

I'm sure it could be retro-fitted, but as you say a PITA, the effort would probably far outweigh the benefit.

--- End quote ---

Let's hope we can catch-up soon.

Wild Rose:
Hi prricey
Welome to OzSTOC from Toowoomba in Queensland  :hatwave
Enjoy your ST1300   :thumbs
Enjoy the Forum  :thumbsup
 :beer

prricey:
Thanks Williamson. Yes, the Alexandra next to Mansfield. Unfortunately I have to work that weekend or I'd be all over the rally.

I have been looking at the fjr1300 screen mechanism and I think it could be made to fit. It is much more solid. I used to own an FJR and stupidly assumed my ST would have an operational screen. I'll let you know how I get on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version