Author Topic: Re: Honda Australia Rider Training (HART) Special  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
Re: Honda Australia Rider Training (HART) Special
« on: September 03, 2013, 05:08:18 PM »
Honda Australia Rider Training (HART) Special

HART is offering a special on Rider Training ( Handling & Dynamics ) for this Sunday the 8th of September, Normally $199 it is $100 while places Last. Riders are required to bring full riding gear (including full face helmet)

Also there is Advanced 2 Rider Training at Willow bank (QLD Raceway) on the 10th of September which is also on Special for $100 while places last. (you are required to have full leathers for the advanced course.)

To book either of the two courses above please call Paul Donald on 0429 029 911

Thanks to HarieG for putting us onto this and helping get this for OzSTOC members
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline Brian

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • ST Immortal
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 07:49:25 PM »
I'm sure if you check with you insurers they may offer discounts on your premiums for participating in motorcycle riding coarses.
I jus wanna ride my bike

09 ST1300 Charcoal Metallic (Grey GhoST)
09 ST1300 Candy Glory Red (Red MiST)

Offline scarp

• Legendary Member
  • Huntingdale, Westralia
Re: Re: Honda Australia Rider Training (HART) Special
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 08:27:15 PM »
Pity it's so far away & they don't have a course for towing trailers coz Malcolm could really benefit  :whistle
FR# 431
IBA# 60317

Offline Sicman

• RTE Coordinator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Was here when the lights got turned on :-)
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 08:31:15 PM »
As we have over 500 members I wonder if there is an opportunity to secure a national rider trainer as a sponsor and a discount and of course a T shirt  :thumb
Cheers
Tony
FarRider 802
NatRally's - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 202🤬, 2🤬21, 2021/22 Black Dog bit me, 2023
Experience trumps assumption :-)

Online Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 03:31:55 PM »
OK, it's on for Tuesday at Willowbank Raceway.  I'm booked and paid for the day.  Thanks to HarieG it's just $100 from HART instead of $300 that I've paid on previous occasions to other trainers.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline Brian

• ST Immortal
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 06:39:58 PM »
Can we have a ride report of the day?  :popcorn
I jus wanna ride my bike

Offline Neale

• Legendary Member
  • Harrington Park, NSW
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 08:40:57 PM »
 :popcorn
Neale

2009 ST 1300 Candy Apple Red

Online Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 10:15:47 PM »
Can we have a ride report of the day?  :popcorn

Well that's where I got those chicken strip photos in the other thread.

There were six of us "students" and three instructors.  I was the odd one out with a sports tourer- everyone else had sports bikes- a Ninja, a Bandit, a CB1100 and a bunch of others that I wasn't really interested in, so took no notice. 
Full leathers are required by Queensland Raceways, so I hired a suit.  A first for me.  They're very reassuring with plenty of armour, even had magnesium elbow plates.  Expensive at $75 for the day, but I was still way ahead with the $100 fee.
It was all about track technique, which isn't an interest of mine, but I was along for the ride, so to speak.  Ya gotta do everything once, eh?  I had my GPS on the bike because I was actually hoping to top my best speed, but even the longest straight didn't get me within 10 kph of it.
As you would expect, the instructors each took two of us under their wing and it was "follow me then I'll follow you" style teaching.  I'd actually done four courses with HART on the Gold Coast City Council's programme, and had worked with a couple of the instructors on the mountain roads of the hinterland, so a lot of the cornering technique taught there was reinforced.  However, being more track oriented, heavy emphasis was placed on maximising cornering speed by optimising rider position, bike gearing and brake timing.
One of the transferable skills was the importance of body position and the sight line.  The point was made that one of the Brisbane schools teaches keeping the body towards the vertical and laying the bike over.  HART teach laying the butt and shoulder down into the turn to reduce the amount the bike has to lean hence maximising the contact patch of the tyres.  They had me drop the tyre pressures from 42/42 to 38/38 to further optimise the grip.
There were four groups operating on the track, based on their level of experience/speed.  Being a training group, we had our own slot at number four.  Each session was about ten laps, at the end of which one was very happy to take a break for 45 minutes or so.  Apparently there's an average of one crash per day, but fortunately it wasn't in our group that day.
Ruby worked very hard for the four sessions.  Very high acceleration, high revs, hard braking.  I think she will be sulking for a while.  I know she was pretty snaky on the way home- maybe it was the Matilda petrol I gave her as a reward.  I did 117 km on the track which burned over half a tank of juice.
If I was going to do a track day again it would be on a Blackbird.  The track quickly found the ST's limitations in that discipline.  It wasn't completely disgraced in the corners, just a bit embarrassed.
Been there, done that. 
I did the Mount Cotton track with Stay Upright when I had the ST1100.  I'll plan to do HART's Mt Cotton Course for next year's refresher.  It's completely road-oriented and Ruby will be able to show her stuff.    :thumbsup
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

Offline Brian

• ST Immortal
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 05:58:38 AM »
Thanks Bill nice to get your perspective of the day... Cheers Brian
We're you the only OzSTocer involved in the training?
I jus wanna ride my bike

Offline gaz

• The dark knight! The vigilante! The caped-crusader!
  • Then be The Batman
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 06:24:13 AM »
noice reporting  :thumb
Taking over one emoticon at a time >:D

Online Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 11:25:06 AM »
We're you the only OzSTocer involved in the training?

I should have mentioned that I was the only OzSTOC rider there.  I appreciate how hard it is for people who are still working to get a mid-week day off.  Being self employed I let myself have Tuesday off just this once, but don't come asking again soon, because the answer will be "No"!     :-(((