Author Topic: Victorian Overnight RTE Tungamah 24th-25th May 2014  (Read 14147 times)

Offline Sicman

• RTE Coordinator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Was here when the lights got turned on :-)
Re: Victorian Overnight RTE Tungamah 24th-25th May 2014
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2014, 09:04:19 AM »
 :think1 The picture below with the cenotaph in the background brings back memories of a young Neale and Myself being up on that verandah til 4am and then doing Anzac day cenotaph duty  :H  :grin
Cheers
Tony
FarRider 802
NatRally's - 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 202🤬, 2🤬21, 2021/22 Black Dog bit me, 2023
Experience trumps assumption :-)

Offline LarLah

• Lar Lah
  • Doggys Daughter Hayley
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2014, 02:47:53 PM »
Haha Helen
I can't wait for tomorrow, these guys are a hoot.

"Hi Helen, It's Marcus, Just confirming my booking, I'm from..."
"I've had all you guys ring me up today, were you all pissed when you booked the first time or something?"

Gold...

Haha classic, I can imagine helen saying this.
Had a great weekend !! Will do it again next year!  :eat
Ride Safe to Ride Again

Bikes:
Honda CTX700
Suzuki GS500F
Yamaha TT250

Offline LarLah

• Lar Lah
  • Doggys Daughter Hayley
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2014, 02:56:24 PM »
.... great tripe to tungamah....

Not sure I had chicken. Gotta say what a blast of a trip. Meeting up with fellow Ozstoc`ers at Glenburn for the ride in (or around) in this case, didn't realize I should have put the Knobbies on , never mind it was like my License test allover again didn't put my feet down so that's a pass. :eek. I did have a chuckle when we came out of the bush and Ppopeye rode past what he was thinking these guys are up too? :grin. Anyways, never been through Whitfield, didn't have a clue where I was, but was again a great learning curve.

Amber fluid was flowing well at the pub :beer, gotta say too that the Grub was great as were the hosts.
Good conversations were had by all and opportunity to meet and catch up with as many as I could was great. Nice to see too that the weather gods were shinning over us. Oh, and a special encouragement award for the locals. :crackup   Was that Spider-man hitting on Wonder woman or too many frothies?

Interestingly juiced up at Yea on return trip and my trusty mate was sipping fuel at 4.9/100  :thumb so happy with that . Having said that got home only to find a leaking left fork , quite badly , so into the shop for some love, :well not sure do this myself. All in all great trip and Lar Lar go get the CTX. :well  :wht11

Nice wrap up of the weekend Nigel, too bad about your fork! :|||| That may cost a bit yes? and yes I do hope I can get the CTX, sooner rather than later, hopefully I can ride with you guys when I do, then we can all be Ozstoc +1 CTX haha Wot thuh

Great weekend! Great company, great service, beautiful ride. So glad the weather held up!  :13Candy :runyay :grin
Ride Safe to Ride Again

Bikes:
Honda CTX700
Suzuki GS500F
Yamaha TT250

Online Williamson

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2014, 10:57:42 PM »
Some more pics (Nigel's) cropped and with 'some' colour enhancements.

At the Cheviot Tunnel:

At the pub, Wonder Woman enjoying Dickie:

The morning after:

Thank Nigel......  :thumbsup

Cheers,  Williamson (AKA Michael)

Motorcycling, the best time you can have with your pants on.
eBiking, the second best time you can have with your pants on
Afterlife, up there for the climate, down there for the company.
If I'd known I was gunna live this long, I woulda looked after myself better

Online Williamson

• ST Legend
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2014, 10:56:35 AM »
For those who are interested, there's some more pics of Tungamah on a slide show here:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:April_2012_in_Tungamah#

And, some info about the township here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tungamah,_Victoria

Online Nigel

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2014, 11:09:29 AM »
Nicely done Sir.................................................. ++ :wht11
Introducing My 2007 BMW K 1200 GT
Avoid Disappointment, Expect the Unexpected.
Nigel               0447333268
Mooroolbark But its a secret.

Online ppopeye

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2014, 12:07:22 PM »
.... great tripe to tungamah....

Not sure I had chicken. Gotta say what a blast of a trip. Meeting up with fellow Ozstoc`ers at Glenburn for the ride in (or around) in this case, didn't realize I should have put the Knobbies on , never mind it was like my License test allover again didn't put my feet down so that's a pass. :eek. I did have a chuckle when we came out of the bush and Ppopeye rode past what he was thinking these guys are up too? :grin. Anyways, never been through Whitfield, didn't have a clue where I was, but was again a great learning curve.

Amber fluid was flowing well at the pub :beer, gotta say too that the Grub was great as were the hosts.
Good conversations were had by all and opportunity to meet and catch up with as many as I could was great. Nice to see too that the weather gods were shinning over us. Oh, and a special encouragement award for the locals. :crackup   Was that Spider-man hitting on Wonder woman or too many frothies?

Interestingly juiced up at Yea on return trip and my trusty mate was sipping fuel at 4.9/100  :thumb so happy with that . Having said that got home only to find a leaking left fork , quite badly , so into the shop for some love, :well not sure do this myself. All in all great trip and Lar Lar go get the CTX. :well  :wht11

Nice wrap up of the weekend Nigel, too bad about your fork! :|||| That may cost a bit yes? and yes I do hope I can get the CTX, sooner rather than later, hopefully I can ride with you guys when I do, then we can all be Ozstoc +1 CTX haha Wot thuh

Great weekend! Great company, great service, beautiful ride. So glad the weather held up!  :13Candy :runyay :grin

Great weekend as has been said. But. ST's coming out of a bush track.  I sure was confused.
ppopeye

I never ride faster than my angel can fly!

2005 Red ST1300
2012 Red GL1800

Bikes I've had
Yamaha 500
Honda450
Honda CL175

Online Williamson

• ST Legend
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2014, 02:45:37 PM »
Great weekend as has been said. But. ST's coming out of a bush track.  I sure was confused.

Native Dog Road?  That's not a bush track:

Stick wiith us Gary, we'll show you some real bush tracks:

Having said that - I missed a turn-off, we U-turned, and then headed along some fast sealed roads, then the wet slippery clay of Frog Ponds Road, Cheviot Road and Native Dog Road.  I thought my stint as rider leader was over.  But I think Hendo and Nigel were lost, they thought I wasn't, so my leadership abilities weren't questioned any further.

Trust me, I know a short cut .........