Author Topic: ST1300 Tow Hitch For Sale  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Williamson

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • ST Legend
ST1300 Tow Hitch For Sale
« on: March 23, 2019, 03:01:01 PM »
No further use for the ST1300 Tow Hitch, Elite Camper Trailer has gone to a new home, have not towed with the ST1300 for over two years now.

This a quality piece of kit, US made Unigo tow hitch, which in my opinion is far, far superior to the hitch the Classic Industries can supply - my judgement might be clouded by the shyte product and then service provided by Classic with the purchase of a Classic hitch for the CB1300, and also because what a mate noticed (and pointed out to me) re. a flaw in the Classic hitch.

Anyways, the Unigo hitch is on the ST1300, I would prefer to leave it there so as the new owner can see it in-situ, know how it fits, etc... so as when they come to fitting on their ST1300, it'll be a breeze.  (The fact that this will also result in someone helping me to remove it is irrelevant.)

It will come with a coupla spare bolts (needed 'cause some of the ST's bolts a a bit too short), whatever length of the wiring loom you can save and a flat seven point female trailer plug connector.

The tow hitch is located in St Helena, approx. 22km (as the crow flies) from the Melbourne CBD, and 10 minutes from the Greenborough end of the Metro Ring Road.

$250

Any queries?  Post 'em here, or send a PM.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 04:08:42 PM by Williamson »
Cheers,  Williamson (AKA Michael)

Motorcycling, the best time you can have with your pants on.
eBiking, the second best time you can have with your pants on
Afterlife, up there for the climate, down there for the company.
If I'd known I was gunna live this long, I woulda looked after myself better

Offline Lloydboy

• ST Legend
Re: ST1300 Tow Hitch For Sale
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 02:54:45 AM »
Hello Williamson. My name us Lloyd I just recently purchased a Honda ST 1300 Pan European 2005 model. I am very interested in purchasing your tow hitch.
I live in the Rutherglen, Victoria, so I can duck down to Melbourne quiet easily from here and pick it up.
Please phone me on 0427176400 so we can work out A pick up point etc.
Cheers Lloydboy (Lloyd Terlich).

Offline Williamson

• ST Legend
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 07:08:39 AM »
Hello Williamson. My name us Lloyd I just recently purchased a Honda ST 1300 Pan European 2005 model. I am very interested in purchasing your tow hitch.
I live in the Rutherglen, Victoria, so I can duck down to Melbourne quiet easily from here and pick it up.
Please phone me on 0427176400 so we can work out A pick up point etc.
Cheers Lloydboy (Lloyd Terlich).

Hi Lloyd, welcome to OzSTOC, congratulations on your purchase of the ST1300, and joining OzSTOC.

The ST13 is a great bike, as is the Forum.  As I mentioned on Facebook, this is a very friendly bunch around here, and also a very knowledgeable bunch.  If there's anything the collective 'brains trust' does not know ST related, it probably ain't worth knowing.

Re. the tow hitch, I'll regard it as sold until you can get down to Melbourne and check it out.  Time wise, I did not think this through very well as we don't have a free weekend until Easter.

If a mid-week pick up is okay, we could squeeze that in this week, or before Easter.  Have a think about this, I call later to discuss.

Something else to think about ....... we have regular get togethers called RTE's (Ride to Eat ...... and meet, and chat, and swap tall stories).  The next RTE is in your backyard (well almost) at Whorouly.

Here's a links to that: http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=13315.0

Offline Lloydboy

• ST Legend
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 08:31:52 AM »
Hello again Williamson. Thankyou very much. I can pop down any day this week except Friday. I will wait for your call.
Unfortunately i am booked in to go to Tumut for the weekend of April 27 for their Autumn Leaf Rally. I go up there every year. Cheers Lloydboy

Offline Williamson

• ST Legend
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 06:32:31 PM »

SOLD

SOLD

SOLD

Thanks to Llyodboy from up Rutherglen way.  Arrived today at 5:30pm, helped me remove the tow hitch, put my ST back together, gone by 6:30pm.

Keep in touch Lloyd, hope we'll see you at an RTE soon.