Author Topic: Hello From UK England  (Read 2822 times)

devadave

Hello From UK England
« on: December 28, 2011, 10:57:05 PM »
 :wht13
Hi
I ride a St1100 its an old one but run real nice, my wife is registered blind and loves the Pan, she says its her fav choice! seat is comfy but can still feel the bends and when im going a tadge quick (obviously never ever above the speed limit, honest Officer)  :nahnah
she feel safe!
Its a 94 in silver (I have tried to attach a picture but failed )on a recent trip to Germany France and Luxembourg, the roads are fantastic long sweeping bends and hills/mountains and of course the black forest, my eldest was riding my other bike a XJ900 in green. The pubs and hotel we stoped in where all biker friendly gave us good food and great beer at a resonable price...which is nice!
The reason I have decided to join your forum, I would like to come over to Australia for a holiday so need some tips?
We (Joanne my wife and me) want to ride a Pan across the Sydney Harbour Bridge, visit the opera house and Aires rock before she looses the last of her sight, we wont be bringing her guide dog as the flights would be too much for him.
Perhaps someone can suggest where I could hire a Pan or if someone would like to come to UK and borrow my bike in return for me borrowing theirs that would be fantastic. I am 52yrs young and have ridden bikes since I was 16yrs old, I drive a company car for work and have a motorhome for holidays. I have before had a friend of a friend come over to UK from Aus and borrowed my XJ900 for his holiday, this worked out great I added him on my insurance and he was covered, he paid the change and we was both happy..

« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 01:43:32 AM by devadave »

Offline Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
Re: Hello From UK England
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 11:12:33 PM »
Welcome from the West of Oz. Not sure about hiring a bike, but I'm sure something could be arranged. Good idea to leave the dog at home, as you would have to make a choice as to the wife or the dog as pillion. You can have both on the bike at the same time over here.

Ayers Rock would be a good trip, you do realize its about 3000Ks from Sydney by road dont you??? You can do a Harley tour of the rock, that may be a better alternative.
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

devadave

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 11:41:50 PM »
Hi Brock
Thanks for the quick reply, the Guide dog "Uska" is that clever, im sure he would want to ride anyway! :grin
Yep did know about the kms probably have to fly over to do the rock... really dont fancy the Harley, have ridden them but never ever liked em...always prefered the Jap bikes!  :thumbsup Ninja's, ZZR900, Honda Blade, Going all the way back to the 1978 RD250 and RD400's ahhh yes happy memories of that two stroke smell!  :thumb
Poss do the ride across the bridge and back, then do a bit of sight seeing in Sydney area... then fly to aires rock?
Joanne lived in Sydney a few years ago before she lost her sight, she's got about 20% left in 1 eye so I guess she wants to visit before the lights go out completely. I have enough airmiles to get us flights Business class...the taxes are still expensive but hey it will be a once in a lifetime bucket list holiday for me. So its just down to putting plans and suggestions in a bag and seeing what we can achieve in a 3 week trip. Hotels, apartments or B+B's etc etc
Dave

Offline Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 12:18:50 AM »
I'm sure some of the guys from Sydney way will chip in in the morning. Right now its my bed time.
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Offline West Aussie Glen

• old fart
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Willetton, Perth
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 04:21:22 AM »
Dave,
if you want to ride a Pan across the Harbour Bridge you may have to start form QLD. When I was looking at buying my ST1300 I went looking for a hire one to try before buy the only place I found that hired them was in Queensland. I have just had a look on the net but can't find them.
There are several hire companies in Sydney and I recall a friend hiring a Yamaka FJR 1300 so the may be the closet you get but a have good look around the net.

These are a couple of places I found that hire bikes in Sydney:-
http://bikescape1.rtrk.com.au/?scid=8707&kw=3998837:21956
http://www.motorbikehiresydney.com.au/?gclid=CNTdraeupa0CFVQLfAod0AOzmA

Trust you enjoy your visit to Australia.
Glen
Sold
1948 James 98cc 2 Speed, 1969 Suzuki A100-2
1970 Suzuki T250 Hustler, Honda CL100
Yamaha RD250C, 1985 Kawasaki GPZ250
BMW K75S, 78 Yamaha XS11
Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe, 88 GL1500
99 SE GL1500
In the shed
85 Kawasaki LTD250
88 GL1500 Outfit
08 ST1300
2013 GL1800
2013 GL1800 Outfit

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 06:40:51 AM »
Hi Dave,

Welcome! When are you planing your trip? We have some Sydney based members , as well as our national rally is in April 2012, so there will be pans everywhere near Sydney as well.
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

devadave

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 07:56:58 AM »
Morning all,
I don't think we will be able to tie in for april 2012.... I was thinking probably November or December 2012... its still early ideas yet, but because it is such a big adventure I really want to enjoy the planning as much as the holiday.
great response from pan owners...just as I expected  :runyay :beer
will do some more searching..

Offline Skip

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 08:33:50 PM »
Hi Dave. You may want to re-think the timing unless you LOVE the heat. It can be very hot that time of year, especially at The Rock.
Sydney has a lovely climate though but can be warm at that time of year. I would definitely recommend you fly to the rock, then maybe fly back into Brisbane rather than back into Sydney. We Queenslanders will definitely show you some great Aussie hospitality.
Food for thought.
Cheers.
Skip.
( Did I really say something nice about Sydney back there) I must be loosing my mind. Only joking you Blues.
Getting wind in my hair while I still have some.