Author Topic: Newbie SEQ QLD  (Read 3732 times)

Offline tremarg

• ST Legend
Newbie SEQ QLD
« on: February 03, 2012, 02:22:22 PM »
My name is Trevor and have a good wife, Margie.

Been riding a long time with a break due to funnelling money into a family, as we do.

Got my bike licence in 1970 back in the days when, in my case, you walked into the police station, give them your paper licence (car), told to go for a ride and come back in 10 minutes. Got back, was handed the freshly typed licence, told me that as I did return in one piece, I could ride a bike. As I turned to leave, in a stern voice, the police officer said, there are road rules there for a reason, to keep you alive. Please observe them and good riding. How things have changed.

One thing that I was advised to do was start small, started with a Honda CL 90 and progressed through various 4 and 2 strokes, mainly work commuting. Ended up with a Honda CB 750 K1 when family commitments meant a break from riding resulting in, sadly, the sale of this bike.

After participating in a wide range of other activities outside of motorcycles, the genes or whatever, in the blood resurfaced. The first was a Honda Hornet, no I am not a racer but do like a nimble bike. However, for the touring  riding (2 up), that we were participating in, it was not appropriate. Did some research and settled on a new 2008 ST. Haven’t looked back. Since then, I have also acquired a Honda CB750 F. It is nimble enough to fill the other gap.

I have been a keen participant in the STONWERS forum for some time as there is a wealth of experience and support. Recently I saw the link to the AUS site so here I am. Our rides tend to be touring by nature with overnights stops in reasonable accommodation. However our trips do not fall into the Far Riders category.
2008 Honda ST1300
1975 Honda CB750 F

"Having a positive mental attitude is asking how something can be done rather than saying it can’t be done"

Offline Poppy Dave

• Teller of Untellable Jokes
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Midland, WA
    • Dave Roper
Re: Newbie SEQ QLD
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 02:44:05 PM »
Welcome Trevor and Margie

Qld's got enough members, so if you like, you can both become honorary Sandgropers (that'll help our numbers a bit).

Enjoy your stay and if you do stay with Qld, don't, whatever you do, buy a shirt or get any photo's taken with anyone else from Qld. They use your image for evil purposes. HONEST

Dave R                                                                                          :wht13
Dave R
Honda ST1100A
Suzuki Boulevard C50
STOC # 8241
SAC-PAV A/501

We know why dogs stick their heads out of car windows.

Online Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 03:31:08 PM »
 :thumbsup :thumbs :thumbs
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Offline Streak

• NR2016 Group
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Stampy Glitterballs
    • Australian ST Owners Club
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 03:43:03 PM »
Welcome to the Crew!

looking forward to meeting you on one of our rides, the people here are just brilliant, and i am proud to be part of the group, we all have had a little to do with the ST-Owners group, Mellow Joe, is part of the membership here to, so we all work well together.

don't forget to drop your pin in your approx location.

Cheers

Streak
Streak (Graham)
Storm Trooper
streak@ozstoc.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OzSTOC
2010 White DL650 Strom
FarRider #667
IBA #59145
Aussie Hard Arse #63

Offline Malcolm6112

• Legendary Member
  • Armadale WA
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 08:09:07 PM »
Welcome Trevor and Marg.

Glad to hear that You bought the Better ST. :crackup

Look forward to seeing you around the web. What Dave said is true about that Queensland mob too.
anyone else from Qld. They use your image for evil purposes. HONEST

:blu13
Malcolm
2004  ST1300A

Farrider 518
IBA       58213

Offline Dan

• QLD
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2012, 06:47:40 AM »
Welcome Trevor and Marg.

Glad to hear that You bought the Better ST. :crackup

Look forward to seeing you around the web. What Dave said is true about that Queensland mob too.
anyone else from Qld. They use your image for evil purposes. HONEST

:blu13

Welcome,

Sorry you bought the wrong ST  :wink1, but hey at least you live in the best state in Oz  :thumbsup :thumbs :hatwave

Offline tj189

• Brisbane
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2012, 07:19:22 AM »
Welcome Trevor, great name  :thumbs :thumbs, nice to see you have Marg along,  enjoy your time here, nice bunch of people around who will not take the micky out of anyone  :whistle
IBA #38035
FarRider #189
Ulysses #42456

Offline Shiney

• Dave
  • Global Moderator
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • RTE Coordinator - Strathpine, QLD
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 08:14:09 AM »
Welcome Trevor and Marg :hatwave
My Ride: 2023 ST1800   :thumb
OzSTOC #104   STOC# 8512   IBA # 59142
Find me in The Who's Who of OzSTOC!

I like shiney things :grin
One of the Dave, Dave, Dave and Duncan crew 8)

Turtle

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 08:38:44 AM »
Welcome Trevor and Marg

Enjoy as much as I have great site great info great people

Offline Skip

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2012, 03:05:27 PM »
Welcome Trevor & Marg. Check the "Rides" section as we here in SE Qld have a ride organised next Saturday 11th. Would love you to join us if you can. You will learn so much about the ST from all the long term ST owners. They're a great bunch.
Cheers.
Skip.
Getting wind in my hair while I still have some.

Offline Whizz

• Paul. Ipswich, QLD.
    • Instrumented Control Solutions Pty Ltd
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 03:38:39 PM »
...and yet another Queenslander!! Welcome Trev & Marge, don't take any notice of them in WA, they are just jealous of our rain...and more rain...and more rain!!!

Enjoy the good company and the knowledge of the resident guru's in the club, all GOOD people!

Cheers
Whizz :13Candy
Cheers,
Paul
:13Candy
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is!!
Red, 2004, ST 1300A

Offline tremarg

• ST Legend
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2012, 11:16:24 AM »
Thanks for all of the encouragement.

Doesn't bother you when work interferes with riding. I would have attend the meeting on the 19th Feb, instead on a plane to Perth.

For the ride on the 11th, I may, if its is OK, simply join anyone going South on the Bruce to your meeting point, meet as many as turn up, then head home. The next day it is up to the mines for a week. Fortunately, this portion of my work which takes me away is happening during the "Wet", better riding day's coming soon.
2008 Honda ST1300
1975 Honda CB750 F

"Having a positive mental attitude is asking how something can be done rather than saying it can’t be done"

Offline Diesel

• Administrator
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 01:03:09 PM »
G'day Trevor & Marg - great to see you guys aboard.

It'll be a pleasure to see you (albiet briefly) on Saturday, but I applaud your resolve - because if you knew what I know about the ride - you'd chuck a sickie!!!!      :rofl :rofl

Just kiddin, make sure you guys check out the older posts and the info boards. We have some great Preferred Suppliers for farkles etc, and you will find a wealth of helpful ST info and hints.

Any Q's - just ask.

See you soon.

Cheers, Diesel
FarRider #416   IBA #55491  
OzSTOC Life Member
:candystwheelie       www.dieselst1300.blogspot.com.au

Offline JuST Peter

• Quakers Hill NSW
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2012, 09:56:14 PM »
Welcome Trevor & Marg. You've joined a great budding community. I'm sure you'll enjoy the experience but just be careful refuelling on any ride Diesel leads. Ask him why he's called "Diesel". :crackup :crackup

Cheers,
Peter.
Ulysses #41044; OzSTOC #14
I love what I ride and ride what I love