Author Topic: Helpful information for those in Brisbane lockdown  (Read 1380 times)

Online Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
Helpful information for those in Brisbane lockdown
« on: January 10, 2021, 12:43:50 PM »
The QLD Chief Health Officer answered 100 questions in today's Courier Mail.  Among them were "Do I have to wear a mask in my yard?" Answer: No.  "Do I have to wear a mask mowing the lawn or checking the mail?" Answer: Yes.
But my prize goes to:

98 Do I need to wear a mask while riding a motorcycle?

Yes.

:crackup
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

Offline Nigel

• Legendary "1000 Club" Member
Re: Helpful information for those in Brisbane lockdown
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 01:17:56 PM »
You haven't got a bloke called Dan up there have you  :angry-old-man-smiley-emoticon
Introducing My 2007 BMW K 1200 GT
Avoid Disappointment, Expect the Unexpected.
Nigel               0447333268
Mooroolbark But its a secret.

Offline Skip

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 01:53:51 PM »
No surprises there for diligent Qlder's. Our infamous Deputy Premier, Dr Steven Miles, told us last year that not all health directives were not based on scientific evidence. And that was BEFORE the election in October. So, NOT wearing a mask in MY yard is OK as long as I'm not pushing a mower??  And I have to wear a mask while riding a motorcycle or while being alone in my own vehicle.  :crazy  I'm trimmed a hedge at the front of my house this morning, without a mask, but I didn't know the rules.  :phone
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 02:10:00 PM by Skip »
'15 BMW R1200RS
Getting wind in my hair while I still have some.

Offline Gadget

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Just Ridin'
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 03:50:50 PM »
The idea is it is one simple rule:

You wear a mask while off your property, or physically exerting outside, (i.e. lawn mowing), and only take it off when you get home.

The wind can take your moist air expulsions onto/into your neighbours yard, and vice versa.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Cheers,
Gary
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Then  :blu13 Now :Spyder
Life's too short to be miserable, so enjoy it! :)
OzSTOC #257
FarRider #810
IBA #59140

Mob: 04 2448 3555

Offline Skip

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 05:15:56 PM »
The idea is it is one simple rule:

You wear a mask while off your property, or physically exerting outside, (i.e. lawn mowing), and only take it off when you get home.

The wind can take your moist air expulsions onto/into your neighbours yard, and vice versa.

Long stretch there I think Gadget. Collecting my mail? Riding a motorcycle? I wear a full face helmet. Isn't that 'face mask' enough? Anyway, I'm not planning to go anywhere for leisure, but I am an essential working within the public transport sector and have continued to front up for work since the beginning of the covid era. Be personally responsible and diligent, but advice like this, is now becoming a joke. Decisions such as this should only be based on scientific evidence, not some 'seems like a good idea at the time' mentality or an 'off the cuff' answer to an on the spot question. 
'15 BMW R1200RS
Getting wind in my hair while I still have some.

Offline Gadget

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Just Ridin'
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 06:17:40 PM »
It is simple, Masks work.

While collecting your mail at the boundary, a jogger huffing and puffing virus cells, can run past you, even up up to 15 minutes earlier, and give you the virus.

The chief medical officer has decades of knowledge in this topic, and I defer to that.

The idea is to not have exceptions, be because human nature of some is to try and exploit exemptions.

It's like getting into the habit of taking your own shopping bags to the shops, you get into the habit of masking up at the door.

Mask it, or Casket.

Cheers,
Gary
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Then  :blu13 Now :Spyder
Life's too short to be miserable, so enjoy it! :)
OzSTOC #257
FarRider #810
IBA #59140

Mob: 04 2448 3555

The following users thanked this post: Williamson, LindsayGT

Offline richo

• Richo
  • Legendary Member
  • ST 2009
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 06:38:44 PM »
 ++. Well said.    I am amazed by the number of people not wearing masks or not wearing them properly.
Richo

Online ruSTynutz

• NR2024 Rally Team
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
    • "Destined to Drive" Driving School
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2021, 12:05:57 AM »
You haven't got a bloke called Dan up there have you  :angry-old-man-smiley-emoticon

At least ol' Dan didn't make us wear a mask while riding a motorcycle!  :popcorn

2005 Honda ST1300A