Author Topic: ABS light warning behabior strange  (Read 1421 times)

Offline troncomobil

• ST Legend
ABS light warning behabior strange
« on: November 08, 2019, 09:46:50 PM »
Sorry for the translation (google). I am Spanish.

This happens to me a little after changing the brake pads. checked again that everything is tight and in place.

Sometimes yes and sometimes no, the abs 1 and 2 lights come on, but it is not like when there is disconnection of the system, but something similar to 50% of light. When this is the case, sometimes it flashes very quickly on the same light (it does not go out between flashes). It turns on or off sometimes after some strong bump, but other times it does it alone, the Poltergeist always starts from a few minutes running.

With the warning lights on, I then checked the ABS braking hard with the rear wheel and it works correctly. I accelerated strongly in the wet and the TCS was fired (correct).
I realized then that the indicator light of the TCS (the orange on the left side) does not come on.

Does anyone know if it is related that when this light melts, is it affecting the correct functioning of the central lights of the ABS?

Online Brock

• Tardis Tech
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • White is the fastest
Re: ABS light warning behabior strange
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 09:56:48 PM »
Check the ABS Sensor, it could have moved away from the sensor ring on the wheel a little. So it is not seeing the wheel speed correctly.
Brock
Asian Correspondent
2003 Honda ST1100PY

Ulysses #32829
STOC #8239
OzSToc # ??
Kinross WA

Offline alans1100

• 1999 ST1100A
  • Alan, Peterborough, SA
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 12:26:00 AM »
TCS and ABS are different systems but both use the wheel sensors.

Check both sensors and rings to make sure they are clean.

Check that wiring from sensors is good.

If sensors are mounted right then gap should be okay. Front sensor and mount is removed for the wheel to come out.

If ABS warning flashes while riding stop and turn key off. Restart and ABS self checks again and if light still flashes count number of flashes. ABS will store up to two error codes. Write error code on paper and then remove error codes from system.

Go for another ride and see if ABS light flashed again and count the number of flashes.

I can give you a link to the ABS section of the manual for clearing the codes but I need to know if your 1100A has CBS; Combined Brakes or not.

1999 :bl11  2004 :13Candy

FarRider #921- BR15, BR17, CR1

Offline troncomobil

• ST Legend
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 05:31:50 AM »
thanks Alans1100 :beer, but the error does not go there, because the abs / tcs system works correctly.

The failure of the lights is not the same as when it fails (I know that because it does occasionally and I know how to reset the system)

I don't know if the TCS light is related to this error, which is the suspicion I have.

Offline alans1100

• 1999 ST1100A
  • Alan, Peterborough, SA
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 12:23:24 PM »

I don't know if the TCS light is related to this error, which is the suspicion I have.
Have you turned the TCS off to find out if it is related.

The ABS/TCS are different systems but share the wiring from the sensors; makes me think of a wiring issue somewhere.
1999 :bl11  2004 :13Candy

FarRider #921- BR15, BR17, CR1