Author Topic: VIC RTE Suggestions 2024  (Read 610 times)

Online Bodø

• Where's My keys
VIC RTE Suggestions 2024
« on: October 02, 2023, 09:20:36 AM »
I guess it's about time to to get this rolling.  I've got a list of places I would like to check out but here's a few that may tempt a few croweaters over the border.

• Lake Wallace Hotel, Edenhopel
  • Royal Hotel, Snake Valley
  • Eureka Hotel, Rainbow

* No animals were hurt in making this list but I did steal some of Williamson's dots.  :nahnah
Seriemester 2020 🏆 🟧 Kawasaki Versys 1000
Seriemester 2021 🏆 ⬛ Yamaha Xmax 300
Seriemester 2023 🏆 🟥 Honda Goldwing 1800

The following users thanked this post: Jdbiker

Online Williamson

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • ST Legend
Re: VIC RTE Suggestions 2024
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 05:23:51 PM »
I guess it's about time to to get this rolling.  I've got a list of places I would like to check out but here's a few that may tempt a few croweaters over the border.

• Eureka Hotel, Rainbow

* No animals were hurt in making this list but I did steal some of Williamson's dots.  :nahnah

Don't think they're my dots, I've done a stock take and mine are all there.

Re. your suggestions, I'll refer them VORTEC (Victorian Organising Ride-To-Eat Committee).  Whilst I'm sure the venues at Edenhope and Rainbow would be fine destinations for an RTE, at both over 400km (for me), more km for those east of Melbourne, they're far too far for a day RTE, but may be okay for an overnighter RTE.

On the other hand the Royal Hotel, Snake Valley will be fine.  This will fit in nicely with the 2024 Royal Tour, which has been floated as a theme for the VIC RTE's for next year.

:thumbs

Cheers,  Williamson (AKA Michael)

Motorcycling, the best time you can have with your pants on.
eBiking, the second best time you can have with your pants on
Afterlife, up there for the climate, down there for the company.
If I'd known I was gunna live this long, I woulda looked after myself better

The following users thanked this post: Jdbiker, Bodø

Offline Dragonstaff

• Dave
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2023, 06:37:36 PM »
Whilst I'm sure the venues at Edenhope and Rainbow would be fine destinations for an RTE, at both over 400km (for me), more km for those east of Melbourne, they're far too far for a day RTE, but may be okay for an overnighter RTE.

While these might be a good ride, Mildura (which would also entice a few of us) would be even further. It might be good for an overnight or long weekend though.
THERE ARE OLD RIDERS, AND THERE ARE BOLD RIDERS, BUT THERE ARE DAMN FEW OLD AND BOLD RIDERS.

Keep the dirty side down.

2003 ST 1300
1984 1200 Goldwing
1981 GL 500 Silverwing
1980 CX500
(Not all bikes are running at the current time)

Online Williamson

• ST Legend
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2023, 06:50:05 PM »
Whilst I'm sure the venues at Edenhope and Rainbow would be fine destinations for an RTE, at both over 400km (for me), more km for those east of Melbourne, they're far too far for a day RTE, but may be okay for an overnighter RTE.

While these might be a good ride, Mildura (which would also entice a few of us) would be even further. It might be good for an overnight or long weekend though.

Yeah, a good destination, but at 550km plus for me and then 650km plus for some east of Melbourne.   Despite the ST's legendary ability as a longer distance tourer, these distances turn an RTE into a two or three nighter for some of us (who's abilities fall short of the bike's).   For those with a pillion it means four 300km plus days, something my pillion will not do these days

But let's see what the other Victorian's have to say.

Online Bodø

• Where's My keys
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2023, 07:07:16 PM »
I started suggesting Mildura for five or six years ago.  Balranald RTE's have always been good.  Should I create a similar thread in NSW? 

The following users thanked this post: Dragonstaff

Online Williamson

• ST Legend
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2023, 07:36:07 PM »
I started suggesting Mildura for five or six years ago.  Balranald RTE's have always been good.  Should I create a similar thread in NSW? 

That was the thrust of this thread http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=14604.0 .

That thread seemed to have died out once a date was nominated, and looks like I didn't move on it.  Anyways, the date has now been taken over by the 2024 NatRally at Mansfield, it might need to be put off to later.  There's some discussion about times not suitable, those principles still apply.

Also, there's a few of us VIC's planning a ride up to Darwin, across to Cairns and home in July - August, may not be wanting any other big rides in 2024.

Might get Brock to see if he can merge the two threads into the earlier one.  Let's see if he's awake.

The following users thanked this post: STroppy

Offline ruSTynutz

• NR2024 Rally Team
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
    • "Destined to Drive" Driving School
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2023, 10:11:54 PM »

I rode to Mildura (on the way to the Worlds End Rally back in the late 80s) and found the trip so boring I've never been in a hurry to ride that way again!
I feel the same about much of the western district of Victoria so riding to an RTE over in that neck of the woods doesn't excite me at all...
Guess I'm getting grumpy and hard to please in my old age...lol
I put it down to being spoilt by all the great motorcycling roads around Gippsland...  :thumbsup  :grin

2005 Honda ST1300A

Offline Dragonstaff

• Dave
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2023, 06:55:58 PM »

I rode to Mildura (on the way to the Worlds End Rally back in the late 80s) and found the trip so boring I've never been in a hurry to ride that way again!
I feel the same about much of the western district of Victoria so riding to an RTE over in that neck of the woods doesn't excite me at all...
I put it down to being spoilt by all the great motorcycling roads around Gippsland...  :thumbsup  :grin

I have to agree that the roads up here are a bit boring. Long straight stretches, and not many corners.
THERE ARE OLD RIDERS, AND THERE ARE BOLD RIDERS, BUT THERE ARE DAMN FEW OLD AND BOLD RIDERS.

Keep the dirty side down.

2003 ST 1300
1984 1200 Goldwing
1981 GL 500 Silverwing
1980 CX500
(Not all bikes are running at the current time)

The following users thanked this post: ruSTynutz

Online STroppy

• STroppy (Terry - the name on the TeeShirt)
  • RTE Coordinator
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • CountryMember! Mob 0412499625
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2023, 06:14:10 PM »

I would suggest an RTE up in the Victorian Alps . . Bright, Beechworth, Mount Beauty, Mount Hotham? Great riding roads!

I have to agree that the roads up here are a bit boring. Long straight stretches, and not many corners.
Terry, Canberra 0412499625
Ulysses #22354, FarRider #761
Current bikes 2013 Triumph Trophy SE, 2008 ST1300
Previous bikes1948 Triumph Tiger 500 Twin - sprung rear hub, 1963 BSA Bantam 175, Yamaha 75cc & DT250, Honda ST1100, 400N & CX500 sports, BMW K100RS & K100 LT, Harley Electra-glid

Online Bodø

• Where's My keys
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2024, 06:35:58 PM »

• Eureka Hotel, Rainbow

Don't think they're my dots, I've done a stock take and mine are all there.

Re. your suggestions, I'll refer them VORTEC (Victorian Organising Ride-To-Eat Committee).  Whilst I'm sure the venues at Edenhope and Rainbow would be fine destinations for an RTE, at both over 400km (for me), more km for those east of Melbourne, they're far too far for a day RTE, but may be okay for an overnighter RTE.

On the other hand the Royal Hotel, Snake Valley will be fine.  This will fit in nicely with the 2024 Royal Tour, which has been floated as a theme for the VIC RTE's for next year.

:thumbs

I spotted a Royal Hotel at Rainbow today.  It didn't look like it was open as an eatery though.

The following users thanked this post: STroppy, ruSTynutz

Online Bodø

• Where's My keys
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2024, 05:28:01 PM »
Google suggest it's now an air bnb.  What's for breakfast: ☕️ coffee

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-11-17/rainbow-hotel-named-after-new-king-charles-iii/101660980

Offline ruSTynutz

• NR2024 Rally Team
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
    • "Destined to Drive" Driving School
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2024, 08:16:59 PM »
Seems it may still be a possible RTE destination down the track...  :eat

Plans will see the bar, and kitchen and dining area operating “soon” – once the right staff have been secured.

But despite the cheeky rebrand and fresh look, Francis says it “will always be a country pub”

https://pubtic.com.au/rainbows-royal-updates-to-king-charles-iii/

2005 Honda ST1300A

The following users thanked this post: Williamson, Bodø

Online Williamson

• ST Legend
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2024, 08:39:36 PM »

Plans will see the bar, and kitchen and dining area operating “soon” – once the right staff have been secured.

But despite the cheeky rebrand and fresh look, Francis says it “will always be a country pub”

https://pubtic.com.au/rainbows-royal-updates-to-king-charles-iii/

Would need to be an overnighter for many of us.  Only sleeps six, probably not suitable, good rates though.

https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/601582588589611042?adults=2&check_in=2024-03-10&check_out=2024-03-12&source_impression_id=p3_1707647672_51DanVtm8E3oTJfb&previous_page_section_name=1000&federated_search_id=9f532e8b-c364-4757-bad1-e30eabf0f92c

Online Bodø

• Where's My keys
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2024, 01:53:43 AM »

I was thinking that too.  Apparently the silo will get silo art too, although I didn't see any evidence of that on saturday.  The sign at Albacutya does say it's "under construction" and due to be completed in2023.  Actually, that's last year.  Maybe it was done and I didn't notice it or was on the wrong side.  I know there's two silos there.  A Rainbow overnighter would probably tempt a few croweaters over the border.

The following users thanked this post: ruSTynutz