Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Lights and Lighting

HID driving lights.

(1/9) > >>

Jdbiker:
Planning on fitting some extra lighting. Bought these HIDs recently, ones on the left in plane packaging are from eBay Aus for 65$ for the pair, one on the right is from Mclarry US. With dollar conversion and postage set me back around 200$ Aus. I was under the misconception that advertised price was for a pair but realised otherwise when only one light arrived in package  :fp . As far as I can see there's no physical difference between the two except Mclarry one is euro beam and the others are spot beam. Anyway, will be fitting these to the ST and would like some advice regards the following.
Wiring: I plan to to take direct line from battery and switching from high beam via relay so as not to overload existing circuit, would that be OK?

Beam:  Two spots or spot and euro, if spot and euro, left or right ?

Thanks in advance.

Position: Under or over mirror is better?

Thanks in advance.

pault:
direct feed from battery through relay to light, you will need a separate on off switch
 wired through the high beam circuit. just as you say. the hight beam will only feed the relay coil itself so there is no appreciable added current drain.
check light box for how many amps the lights need on start up. and wire from battery heavy enough for 2 lights. I would go the spot and euro, get better spread, Would it really matter which was left or right? May i suggest you take your time with this, all that work in getting plastic off, only do it once. What temp are the bulbs please?

Jdbiker:
Thanks pault.
Specs on box:    6,000 color temperature

3,200 lumens

3.15- 3.30 amp draw.

Brock:
Here is the wiring diagram.

Biggles:
You will have read elsewhere that there is a noticeable delay in the HIDs lighting up at first.  Not so bad after they have been on for a while, then off for only a short time.
The beauty of the HIDs is they throw those 3200 lumens down the road.  The 3486 Lm LEDs I have throw a lot down the road, and a lot out in a general "glow".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version