Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Construction and Major Projects

more trailer trash

(1/10) > >>

Leethal:
Started building my trailer...

Frame: 40x40x1.6 RHS, 2 mtr long, 1.1 mtr wide,  1.25 wide over the wheels. Big enough to put a Swag on or a roof top camper or a trail bike or a quad  :grin

It's going to be a convertable... i.e. flat deck then add a box with lid or a camper on top... That is why the frame is a little heavier than some..

10x6" mini mags with boat trailer plastic guards

Still got to make the suspension yet, which will be independant swing arm with CB250 coil over shocks like Brocks http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=258.0

Got a set of Mini hubs and swing arms from the wrecker, cut down the swing arms to stubs then weld on my swing arms. I have left the brake backing plate mounts on in case i want to fit brakes later...

I'll post more pics as i go...

Brock:
Impressive, but I would have thought that 25mm would have been enough.

I have thought about redoing mine with the cross tubes being reduced to 13 mil to save weight

Leethal:
Yeh, it's probably a little heavy, but because it is going to be a flat deck with no other supports, i figured it had to be stronger  :think1
Given that the bike weighs almost 300kg and the loaded trailer is allowed to be up to that weight, strength became more important than weight.
This trailer will go behind the car at times as well...

Brock:
Its all experimentation. I have had my 105Kgs on my chassis with no flex, and Im sure it would take 300 easily, your certainly will.

The independent suspension is the bit the is the hardest to design, I will be interested to see how you do yours.

:thumbs :thumbs :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Leethal:
I've got the suspension in my head.. now i only have to get it to the steel  :||||
Found this 360 degree swivel coupling on Ebay for $146 landed out of the US. Should make things easy on that side of things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version