Author Topic: HANGING OUT WITH FRIENDS...  (Read 2402 times)

Offline JuST Peter

• Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • Quakers Hill NSW
HANGING OUT WITH FRIENDS...
« on: June 25, 2012, 12:16:44 PM »
If this weren’t so true, It might be funny!

Dine out at your favourite restaurant

Spend some time at the museum

Meet at a popular diner

Relax at the beach

Go to a game

Going out on a date

Take a drive around town

So glad I belong to another generation!...
Ulysses #41044; OzSTOC #14
I love what I ride and ride what I love

Offline alans1100

• 1999 ST1100A
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Alan, Peterborough, SA
Re: HANGING OUT WITH FRIENDS...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 12:56:49 PM »
What's the bet they're all texting each other in their groups rather than talking.
1999 :bl11  2004 :13Candy

FarRider #921- BR15, BR17, CR1

Offline Biggles

• NatRally 2018 - Mackay
  • "Top Dog" 10000 club
  • Bridgeman Downs, Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 01:03:59 PM »
I see the last one all too often at the traffic lights.  We don't want to waste that 30 seconds while the lights cycle through!

The other thing I'm seeing more of is drivers with earphones in.  That has to be another item that isolates them from the environment they are operating in.  I've decided many folk think their car is a mobile lounge room, which inconveniently requires them to do something occasionally, like turn a corner.
For the modern man who lives in the city, riding a bike might be one of the only ways to escape the humdrum monotony. To take off and ride. To be both at one with nature and one with the bike. To feel masculine. Adam Piggott

OzSTOC #16  STOC #6135  FarR #509  IBA #54927

terrydj

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 06:28:37 PM »
I see the last one all too often at the traffic lights.  We don't want to waste that 30 seconds while the lights cycle through!

The other thing I'm seeing more of is drivers with earphones in.  That has to be another item that isolates them from the environment they are operating in.  I've decided many folk think their car is a mobile lounge room, which inconveniently requires them to do something occasionally, like turn a corner.
Too right about the earphones isolating one from the environment. Been wearing em on the bike since the days when I had a cassette player in the pocket and used to do those non stop 1000 mile days  on the bike on me trips home when I was in the army. The only thing different between my bike and my lounge room is I havn't fitted the 42" HD Screen yet, but its got the sound system, phone, real comfy chair and the drinks and snacks, and unlike the lounge room my bike has a GPS and 5 speeds

Offline Couch

• Tassie NR 2019
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Tasman Peninsula, Tasmania
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 10:48:07 AM »
 :rofl :rofl

Too right about the earphones isolating one from the environment. Been wearing em on the bike since the days when I had a cassette player in the pocket and used to do those non stop 1000 mile days  on the bike on me trips home when I was in the army. The only thing different between my bike and my lounge room is I havn't fitted the 42" HD Screen yet, but its got the sound system, phone, real comfy chair and the drinks and snacks, and unlike the lounge room my bike has a GPS and 5 speeds

There are many paths to the top of the mountain.....but we all need to find our own way!