Honda ST1100 Section > "How To..." Instructions and Pics for Regular Maintenance Jobs specific to the ST1100...

Final drive ?

(1/5) > >>

Frenchy:
 Hi - read all the older posts re final drive and just want to ask if pinion brg retaining nut can be removed without special tools - any advice is appreciated
Like most others I only found it was nackered when I put a new back tyre on at 94000klm
I got a bike shop to r&r the rear wheel and fit a new tyre when I got the bike 3 years ago & 18000 Klm from a T30 (it was a slick by then) Big mistake I did not remove the wheel to check or grease the splines during that time. How it is still driving has got me beat.

Yorkie:
The cost probably negates the repair, parts are around $1200, you will have to decide if the ST is worth it, labor will probably be $800-$1k.
A lot of 1100's are getting to this stage of life now and most will end up at the tip, wreckers are not usually interested.

In reply to your question I removed mine a few years ago without any special tools but don't remember how.

alans1100:
I bought a used final drive and installed that. The one I bought was for an 1100 so I had to swap the gear case over to suit my 1100A

http://ozstoc.com/index.php?topic=5850.msg66057#msg66057

There's a couple on ebay but the splines don't look to good but good ones do come up from time to time.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XST1100+Final+Drive.TRS0&_nkw=ST1100+Final+Drive&_sacat=0

Frenchy:

--- Quote from: Yorkie on December 22, 2016, 08:59:38 PM ---The cost probably negates the repair, parts are around $1200, you will have to decide if the ST is worth it, labor will probably be $800-$1k.
A lot of 1100's are getting to this stage of life now and most will end up at the tip, wreckers are not usually interested.

In reply to your question I removed mine a few years ago without any special tools but don't remember how.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Yorkie - got the bits from Honda dealer in Bunbury $860 - brgs ex Japan and local brg shops can't supply based on sizes - need to repair during Xmas break as this is daily work commute. Still in good nick. photo att - hopefully

Yorkie:
You got a good deal there, The Hondashop charged me around the same price and that was special trade

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version