Author Topic: anti-dive  (Read 1966 times)

Offline creeture3

• ST Legend
anti-dive
« on: April 02, 2019, 10:37:35 AM »
Hi, is there anybody out there that can tell me how to tell if the anti-dive is working when the bike is stationary and simply "pumping" the suspension.  Is the doohicky at the bottom of the fork supposed to move slightly??

Also, how does it actually work. I guess that fork oil is pushed into the ant-dive unit from the fork which somehow stiffens up the suspension.....

Offline alans1100

• 1999 ST1100A
  • UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • Alan, Peterborough, SA
Re: anti-dive
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 11:07:12 AM »
Not exactly sure but when the brakes are applied the calliper moves slightly to (at best guess) activates the anti-dive unit which probably closes a valve. If the bike is not moving it won't work.

There is a return spring in the anti-dive unit which maybe broken but advise caution (spring could fly out) if you want to check that out.

The image is similar to what the ST has

1999 :bl11  2004 :13Candy

FarRider #921- BR15, BR17, CR1

Offline creeture3

• ST Legend
Re: anti-dive
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 01:58:07 PM »
O.k., thanks for that

This :
If the bike is not moving it won't work.
may be why I can't see it move, as I have only tried with the bike off the center stand and bouncing the f/end. I will try with the bike moving.

There is a return spring in the anti-dive unit which maybe broken but advise caution (spring could fly out) if you want to check that out.

have already had the unit apart, and the spring is fine. What I intend to do is firstly, go for a ride and see if there has been any improvement since taking the unit apart. Second, I have ordered some new "O" rings for the unit, which I will replace if it is no better. I must say tho' that when I had the unit apart, the valve seemed to be very "grabby" and difficult to move.