Author Topic: Hi from Glorious England  (Read 3511 times)

Offline Gerard & Sandra

• Mt Rascal Qld 4350
Re: Hi from Glorious England
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2020, 03:51:55 PM »
Paul - Welcome from near Toowoomba Qld
Rgds
GB
07 Honda Goldwing
03 Honda ST1300
87 Honda CBR1000F
81 Honda F2C 900
78 Honda K750

The following users thanked this post: Old Paul

Online Williamson

• UNBELIEVABLE "5000 Posts" Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2020, 06:04:48 PM »
I'll certainly give the ECU Mapping a go.  I don't know if the Honda Averto Alarm was available in in OZ.  My reason for asking is that the manual does not say if the alarm will sound if the battery leads are disconnected, even if in immobiliser only mode - any thoughts?

I'm thinking how would the alarm work if the battery was disconnected?. Don't know the alarm, I presume it would have a +ve and -ve wiring, perhaps just disconnect them.  Hmmm ... has the alarm got an internal battery back-up?  That could make it tricky.  Even it did, it's something that you might need to get your head around before you need to do some other maintenance type work that prudence requires the battery to be disconnected. 
Cheers,  Williamson (AKA Michael)

Motorcycling, the best time you can have with your pants on.
eBiking, the second best time you can have with your pants on
Afterlife, up there for the climate, down there for the company.
If I'd known I was gunna live this long, I woulda looked after myself better

Online PC

• Legendary Member
  • ST Legend
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2020, 06:31:05 PM »
Hi Paul from Warwick QLD
Keeper of the OzStoc shop

The following users thanked this post: Old Paul

Offline Old Paul

• ST Legend
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2020, 10:38:24 PM »
I'll certainly give the ECU Mapping a go.  I don't know if the Honda Averto Alarm was available in in OZ.  My reason for asking is that the manual does not say if the alarm will sound if the battery leads are disconnected, even if in immobiliser only mode - any thoughts?

I'm thinking how would the alarm work if the battery was disconnected?. Don't know the alarm, I presume it would have a +ve and -ve wiring, perhaps just disconnect them.  Hmmm ... has the alarm got an internal battery back-up?  That could make it tricky.  Even it did, it's something that you might need to get your head around before you need to do some other maintenance type work that prudence requires the battery to be disconnected.

Aha - the manual says the alarm has a backup battery so that if fully set (not immobiliser mode only), it will sound if the bike battery terminals are tampered with.  The alarm manual is silent on the matter if immobiliser only. 

The good news is that I decided to carry out the ECU reset yesterday and disconnected the battery, but the alarm did not sound!

Incidentally, I had a Datatool Alarm on my FJR1300 and it was necessary to put it into maintenance mode before removing the terminals.

As regards the ECU reset, I had to take my car to the garage today for an air conditioning regas, and the ambient temperature is now far to high for me to go riding.  Still at least I know the engine starts after the reset.

Paul

The following users thanked this post: ruSTynutz