Author Topic: New member from Arizona, USA  (Read 5550 times)

Offline D Coop

• ST Legend
Re: New member from Arizona, USA
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2013, 09:49:06 AM »
Welcome DC, from Queensland, the second biggest state, in the sub tropics.  :thumbsup

We have trees and cyclones too. They're backwards Tornado's and a bit wider.

We own the Gold Coast, with Movie World, Dream World and other stuff, including Honda dealers. Most important is that this is the the home, the hub, the epicentre of this great organisation call OzStoc!  :runyay :hatwave

If you land in Aus, we're in the top right hand corner of the map and  down to near the middle bit.  Then you ride over the country to West Aus, and you can pretend you've been every state in the U.S, except Alaska - we only have a little bit that gets Aspen like snow. 8)

Puff, Puff. Is that O.K. for an intro, or would you like to just Google the place?   :crackup

RexJ, that's a great intro. I've been learning about Australia's geography, I read about the OzSTOC get togethers, look at the pictures, then look at your map to locate the event.  You have a lot of barren terrain as we do in the SouthWest of the US but you are blessed with LOTS of Ocean front property, which we don't have.

Thanks for the welcome, I'll be reading and look forward to the pics from your rides.

DC

Offline Sabie

• Riding a Blue Angel
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2013, 11:17:19 AM »
G'Day DCoop, pull up a stump and have a gander at all of this mate. Struth mate, Arizona huh, do the crows fly backwards over there to keep the dust out of their eyes like they do over here??

OK enough Australiana welcome DC enjoy your time on the forum hope to see you over here one day.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 12:30:05 AM by Sabie »
(Sabie pronounced Sab bee)

2004 Honda ST1300 Blue (Current)
2007 Yamaha VStar XVS 650 Classic (Current)
2011 Suzuki Boulevard C50T VL 800
2007 Yamaha XV 250 Virago
1980 CX500 Red
1980 CX500 Black
1979 CX500 Blue
1981 Honda XL 500s
1982 Yamaha XZ 550
1981 Honda XL 250s
1974 Honda Elsinore MT 250

Offline Poppy Dave

• Teller of Untellable Jokes
  • Legendary "1000 Club" Member
  • Midland, WA
    • Dave Roper
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2013, 11:16:54 PM »
Welcome to the zoo DCoop :hatwave

Poppy                                              :wht13
Dave R
Honda ST1100A
Suzuki Boulevard C50
STOC # 8241
SAC-PAV A/501

We know why dogs stick their heads out of car windows.

Offline D Coop

• ST Legend
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2013, 03:07:31 AM »
G'Day DCoop, pull up a stump and have a gander at all of this mate. Struth mate, Arizona huh, do the crows fly backwards over there to keep the dust out of their eyes like they do over here??

OK enough Australiana welcome DC enjoy your time on the forum hope to see you over here one day.

Thanks to all for the welcome.

Yep, the crows do have to fly backwards over here, in April we had 2 weeks of winds gusting up to 60kts. Longest and hardest blow I've ever seen in all my years living here. You know, those days when you have to lean the ST over 30 degrees into the wind to maintain a straight line.  :p

Online Diesel

• Administrator
  • Supreme "2000" Club Member
  • QUEEEENSLANDER!!!!
    • The Review Guys
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2013, 12:02:54 PM »
Hi Coop - quite an honor honour to have you aboard. We've been quietly achieving great heights with our little family down here in the wonderful world of ST.

We have ongoing discussions about the ST replacement now that production/development has well and truly ceased.

Seems like our troops are split between Wings, Triumph Trophies and Beemers.

Anyways - thatnks for making this place just that little bit more interesting.     :thumb

Welcome.

Cheers, Diesel
FarRider #416   IBA #55491  
OzSTOC Life Member
:candystwheelie       www.dieselst1300.blogspot.com.au

Offline D Coop

• ST Legend
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2013, 12:16:07 PM »
Diesel,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I had been reading on your website for several months before joining and I liked what I saw.

I've been quite busy so haven't been posting much although I do stop by to read.

best to you,

Coop