Farkles, Gear & Accessories > Construction and Major Projects

Solar Power Install.

<< < (9/9)

Gadget:
Alan,

Very impressive.

This really needs a larger washer.
It will only get worse. Voice of experience.

alans1100:

--- Quote from: Gadget on October 15, 2017, 09:53:45 PM ---Alan,

Very impressive.

This really needs a larger washer.

--- End quote ---
It's got some support inside around the bolt. I over did the tightening a little when I temporarily mounted the panel for transport. 

alans1100:
The 100watt solar panel and the 12volt/20AH/20HR battery was more than ample for my needs while being used at Snowtown.

I could charge three items at the same time if I needed to.

12 volt phone charger for the phone
The car charger for the laptop also allowed charging via a USB cable so the tablet could have gone there.

This was the first time when camping with the bike that I didn't need to have the bike idle while inflating/deflating my air bed via the bikes 12 volt power sockets.

Usually I would use the laptop in the camp kitchen in the mornings and then charge while at work in the afternoons. Sometimes when not working due to rain I would take a half charged laptop back to the trailer at night and watch a DVD. By the time the movie had finished the battery alone would charge the laptop to full.

What was surprising was that at sunset (trailer lid up) the panel was still charging while I was accessing the trailer though for most of the day the trailer lid was closed.

richo:
Great to see your hard work as paid off.  A lap around Aus free camping.  There's a thought

alans1100:
I rarely pay for accommodation while touring anyway so a lap of Aust. would be the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version